Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropiate style.

1. Your class has attended a lecture on what governments could do to minimise the use of fossil fuels. You have made the notes below:

Methods of minimising the use of fossil fuels.

• Reciclying
  • Increasing taxes on petrol
  • Increasing use of nuclear energy
Some opinions expressed in the discussion:

"Is the technology of reciclying adequately devloped?"

"Increased taxation will not be a sufficient deterrent"

"Nuclear energy is to risky"

Discuss two of the methods in your notes. Explain which method you think it`s more important for governments to consider and provide reasons to support your opinion.

Answer:

It is common knowledge that in order to maintain a livable climate we, as a society, need to find ways that replace, or help decrease the use of fossil fuels. On the contrary, this worldwide source of energy will temporarily run out, as it is a finite resource.

On the one hand, most people are used to recycle without even knowing the importance that this activity implicates. Recycling, as I see it, not only includes reusing plastic bags and separating the trash, but also reducing the personal carbon footprint that everyone generates on the daily basis. As for the government, it is barely impossible to control what each citizen does to help the environment. However, they should recommend and promote environmentally friendly habits such as the use of public transport.

On the other hand, recent studies have shown that nuclear plants will be the only sustainable source of energy left once fossil fuels dry up. Furthermore, this renewable energy provides us with clean and affordable electricity, without damaging the environment as petroleum does; due to the fact that while operation nuclear power plants do not produce greenhouse gas emissions.

To conclude, from my point of view, even though it is of the utmost importance to recycle, I believe that governments should invest on nuclear plants so as to have longer term benefits from it, as it is the best way to stop climate change, if that is even possible yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When must you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor to be marked and graded?

JoWeez

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That's a pretty good one, I am much worse at writing such brief ones. Been comparing some of my essays to hypophora examples and now I understand how actually bad I am at essay writing. But I am working on it and I hope that all the effort will help me to become better at writing tasks.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
JoWeez, note that I've removed the link to the essay-writing website you included in your post above. Please don't do that in future, or you risk being banned.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think we can safely say that the OP is no longer interested, having not visited since 23/6. I am closing the thread, not least to avoid any more attempts at spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.