Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Dear Teachers,
I am going to apply for a master program in MBA International Management. Would you please edit my cover letter?

Dear Selection Committee,

I wish to apply to the (MBA) International Management at XX for the Winter semester 2020/21. As an applicant with a non-business background, I highly appreciate this unique opportunity to join this MBA program as I believe that this master’s study program would represent the perfect fulfillment of my ambition to develop my business knowledge and leadership skills in the challenging international environment. I found this study program an excellent match with my interests, my academic background, and my working experience. As my ultimate career position is in this field, it is a solid step towards my future career.
My educational background in interdisciplinary fields at XX has enabled me to acquire an open mentality, acute insights, and rich practical experience. I have been exposed to an extensive range of subjects from intercultural communication to international management. These courses broaden my view of techniques of management strategy at the international level. In general, I was among the most motivated students in business classes. Having studied the specialized courses, I have acquired the essential skills of analytical thinking and problem-solving. Most prominently, they provided me with insight into business management combining with intercultural communication. Moreover, I was privileged to be the only student of my department who won the place for attending the restricted certificate program in intercultural communication at XX. Besides, I worked as a project manager in one of the business classes at XX and passed a semester at XX in the USA. Through these experiences, I strengthened my interpersonal skills by working with fellow team members and other groups. So far, although my education has been not focused on MBA International Management, I have been deeply attracted by the world of business.
During my work experience, I have developed effective management skills and interpersonal communication. Those factors will be significant for my working toward a more advanced degree program. My eagerness to work side by side with businesses led me to accept the offer by XX company in XX. During my collaboration with this company, I was serving as an administration manager. Supervising and supporting staff as well as overseeing the administrative operation of the team were among my most important tasks. Then, I joined XX, one of the leading firms in XX, where I had been focusing on creating and managing budgets, improving revenue, hiring employees, and evaluating the performance and productivity of the team members.
There are several key reasons why I want to study this program. I went through the course outline, and I noticed a unique combination of significant modules that I think each of them plays a crucial role in international management. To my understanding, the elective courses can cover individuals’ interests to a high level, and every single course could be so interesting for people who are into business and international management. One of the reasons that I selected your program is because of its primary focus on general management training with an international focus in business. As a practical and application-oriented degree, I became excited to learn about the courses such as advanced marketing and international management cases. Also, I wish to grow to be a manager who has a wide knowledge of business law and foreign trade. I can combine the science of international management with the art of management. Your program will help me achieve my goal in a leading global corporation because the courses are delivered by renowned lecturers and focus on consulting and strategic management courses. Besides, the diversity that international students bring, as well as the interactive seminars in management issues and company projects, will help me gain practical knowledge and experience, preparing me to become eligible to take on demanding tasks on an international level as a manager. I trust that my education and experience meet your standards, and in turn, I trust that my skills and commitment will enrich your university.

I am looking forward to your response.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, and welcome. :)
What's the application deadline? Were you given any guidelines for the letter (word limit, areas to cover)?

Note that I've moved your thread to our Letter Writing section.

CATIEE

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Thank you teacher :)

There is no guideline for the letter!
The deadline is 25th of June.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Did you write that letter or did someone help you with it?

CATIEE

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
I wrote it.
But as I am not a native speaker, I do not have a self confidence to send it out :cry:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Selection Committee,

I wish to apply [STRIKE] to [/STRIKE] for the MBA in International Management at XX for the winter semester 2020/21. As an applicant with a non-business background, I highly appreciate this unique opportunity to join this MBA program as I believe [STRIKE] that this master’s study program would [/STRIKE] it can help me fulfill [STRIKE] represent the perfect fulfillment of [/STRIKE] my ambition to develop my business knowledge and leadership skills in the challenging international business environment. I found this study program an excellent match with my interests, my academic background, and my working experience. As my ultimate career position is in this field, it [STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] would be a solid step towards my future career.

My educational background in interdisciplinary fields at XX has enabled me to acquire an open mentality, acute insights, and rich practical experience. I have [STRIKE] been exposed to [/STRIKE] studied an extensive range of subjects from intercultural communication to international management. These courses have broadened my view of the techniques of management strategy at the international level. In general, I was among the most motivated students in business classes. Having studied those specialized courses, I have [STRIKE] acquired the essential skills of [/STRIKE] enhanced my analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. [STRIKE] Most prominently, they provided me with insight into business management combining with intercultural communication [/STRIKE]. [ 1] Moreover, I was privileged to be the only student [STRIKE] of [/STRIKE] in my department who won [STRIKE] the place for [/STRIKE] a competition to attend [STRIKE] ing [/STRIKE] the restricted certificate program in intercultural communication at XX. Besides, I worked as a project manager in one of the business classes at XX and passed a semester at XX in the USA. [STRIKE] Through these experiences, I strengthened my interpersonal skills by working with fellow team members and other groups [/STRIKE]. [ 1] [STRIKE] So far, although my education has been not focused on MBA International Management, [/STRIKE] I have been deeply attracted by the world of business although my formal educational qualifications have been in another field.

During my work experience, I have developed effective management skills and interpersonal communication abilities, which I trust will help me succeed in an [STRIKE] . Those factors will be significant for my working toward a more [/STRIKE] advanced degree program in this field. My eagerness to [STRIKE] work side by side with businesses [/STRIKE] learn hands on and gain practical experience led me to accept the offer by XX [STRIKE] company [/STRIKE] in XX. During my [STRIKE] collaboration [/STRIKE] stint with this company, I [STRIKE] was serving [/STRIKE] worked as an administration manager. Supervising and supporting staff as well as overseeing the administrative operations of the team were among my most important tasks. Then, I joined XX, one of the leading firms in XX, where I [STRIKE] had been focusing [/STRIKE] focused on creating and managing budgets, improving revenue, hiring employees, and evaluating the performance and productivity of the team members.

There are several key reasons why I want to [STRIKE] study [/STRIKE] enroll in this program. I went through the course outline, and I noticed a unique combination of significant modules [STRIKE] that I think [/STRIKE] each of [STRIKE] them [/STRIKE] which I think plays a crucial role in international management. [STRIKE] To my understanding, the elective courses can cover individuals’ interests to a high level, and every single course could be so interesting for people who are into business and international management [/STRIKE]. [1] One of the reasons that I selected your program is because of its primary focus on general management training with an international focus in business. As a practical and application-oriented degree, it excited me, [STRIKE]e became excited to learn about the [/STRIKE] especially courses such as advanced marketing and international management cases. Also, I wish to grow to be a manager who has a wide knowledge of business law and foreign trade. I can combine the science of international management with the art of management. Your program will help me achieve my goal of becoming a manager in a leading global corporation because the courses are delivered by renowned lecturers and focus on consulting and strategic management. [STRIKE] courses. [/STRIKE] Besides, the diversity that international students bring, as well as the interactive seminars in management issues and company projects, will help me gain practical knowledge and experience, preparing me to become eligible to take on demanding tasks on an international level as a manager. I trust that my education and experience meet your standards, and in turn, I [STRIKE] trust [/STRIKE] assure you that my skills and commitment will enrich your university.

Thank you for your attention, and I am looking forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Martin Jones

[1]: That is repetitive waffle; leave it out

CATIEE

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Thank you teacher ��
It was so quick

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you teacher.
I was so quick.

Note my corrections to your punctuation above. An emoticon is not a replacement for a closing punctuation mark. I have marked a word in blue. Are you sure that is the word you meant to write?

Edit: I noticed that when I quoted your post, the emoticon came up as an empty square, then I noticed that the emoticon you used isn't one that's available on the forum. Please don't copy and paste emoticons in. If you really need one, please click on the :) icon and choose one.

CATIEE

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Note my corrections to your punctuation above. An emoticon is not a replacement for a closing punctuation mark. I have marked a word in blue. Are you sure that is the word you meant to write?

Edit: I noticed that when I quoted your post, the emoticon came up as an empty square, then I noticed that the emoticon you used isn't one that's available on the forum. Please don't copy and paste emoticons in. If you really need one, please click on the :) icon and choose one.

Thanks for your correction; you are right, "t" was dropped from my sentence. I wanted to say: it (the editting) was so quick. I editted it ;-).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your correction; you are right, a "t" was dropped from my sentence. I wanted to say: It (the editing) was so quick. I have edited it. ;-).

Note my corrections above.

For future reference, after a post has a response, please don't go back and edit it. As you can now see, post #7 now looks rather nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.