Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

How good is the public transport where you live?

Topic: How good is the public transport where you live?

I think the public transport are well developed here because there are many bus stops around almost every estate. Take my estate as an example, I can get to 3 different bus stops within 10-minute walking distance, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the downtown. Also, the frequent of bus and railway service is high; the interval for most bus services are 5-15 minutes and the interval for railway services are 1-2 minutes during rush hours.
    The population is high here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck in a bus for one and a half hour. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is out of order, many people could be stuck in a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company would arrange shuttle bus services for affected passengers to transfer to other normal stations.
    Last edited by Maybo; 23-Jun-2020 at 16:07.
    If I make any mistakes in English, please let me know!

2. Senior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: How good is the public transport where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybo View Post

I think the public transport are is well developed here because there are many bus stops around almost every estate neighborhood. Take my estate as an for example, I can get to 3 different bus stops within 10-minute walking distance, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the downtown. Also, the frequentcy of bus and railway service is high; the interval for most bus services are 5-15 minutes and the interval for railway services are 1-2 minutes during rush hours.
    The population is high here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck in on a bus for one and a half hour an hour and a half. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is out of order not running, many people could be stuck in a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company would arrange shuttle bus services for affected passengers to transfer to other lnorma stations.
    A few suggestions.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: How good is the public transport where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybo View Post

I think the Public transport are is well-developed here because - there are many bus stops around almost every estate. Take my estate as an example. I can get to 3 There are three different bus stops within a 10 ten-minute walking distance walk, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the downtown. Also, the frequency of bus and railway service is high; the interval for between most bus services are is 5-15 minutes and the interval for between railway services are is 1-2 minutes during rush hours hour.

The population is high large here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck in on a bus for one and a half hour an hour and a half. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is out of order, many people could can be stuck in at a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company would arranges shuttle bus services for affected passengers, to transfer them to other normal stations.
    See above.

(Cross-posted)

Edit: As you can see, we both changed "one and a half hour" to "an hour and a half". Our version is much more colloquial. However, if you really want to keep your word order, you need to use "hours" at the end.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.