Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,

I'd like to practice using articles in English, but most exercises I find are... not good enough for me; they have predetermined gaps where articles should go, which makes them much more trivial than I would like them to be. I'm looking for an exercise where I'm presented with a text purposely stripped off any article, and I am to figure out where and if they should be added myself.

I found this exercise made by Julia Miller, and it's something that I have on my mind. It contains both exercises with predetermined gaps and no gaps at all, but the thing that makes it the most appealing to me is that the answer key also contains a thorough explanation for why such an answer is fitting.

Do you know of any set of exercises similar to what I'm looking for?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are several exercises HERE. I linked to the last one on the page because it's one of the advanced ones, where your choices are a/an/the/no article. That seems to be what you're looking for. Some of the other exercises on that site only give a/an/the as the options, which I think is probably too easy for you.

Edit: There are more on this page from the same site.

Edit 2: And more here. Scroll down to the advanced ones.

Edit 3: And just a single advanced level one here.

Last edited:

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
You're gold, Ems; you know that?