Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Topic: Describe a time of the day you like.

I like evenings. I don't like mornings because I always wake up with lethargy and my brain is not ready to process information. But at night, I feel like I am more focused so I usually do revisions or things that require analysis. Night study helps me to retain information more easily and effectively. Also, there are fewer noises at night so disturbances are fewer too. I think I am more productive at night.
Another reason I like evenings is that I love to watch TV shows or movies with my brother after dinner. I am happy that we have the same preferences on TV shows and movies. We would discuss the shows and movies when watching them. It's fun because he likes to share a lot of references about the characters or plots, for example, the line that the actor speaking is actually drawn from another famous movie. That really makes the process of watching movies more interesting.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

I like evenings. I don't like mornings because I always wake up with lethargy (feeling tired) and my brain is not ready to process information. But at night, I feel like I am more focused so I usually do revision[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]or things that require [STRIKE]analysis[/STRIKE] analytical thinking. Night study helps me to retain information more easily and effectively. Also, [STRIKE]there are fewer noise[/STRIKE][STRIKE]s [/STRIKE] it is less noisy at night so [STRIKE]disturbances [/STRIKE] distractions are fewer too. I think I am more productive at night.
Another reason I like evenings is that I love to watch TV shows or movies with my brother after dinner. I am happy that we have the same preferences [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] for TV shows and movies. We would discuss the shows and movies when watching them. It's fun because he likes to share[STRIKE] a lot of references[/STRIKE] his ideas about the characters or plots, for example, I got to know that the line[STRIKE] that the actor speaking [/STRIKE] spoken by an actor one movie is actually drawn from another famous movie. That really makes [STRIKE]the process of watching movies[/STRIKE] movie-watching more interesting.

Last edited:

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong

for example, I got to know that the line[STRIKE] that the actor speaking [/STRIKE] spoken by an actor one movie is actually drawn from another famous movie.
Do I need to add in before one movie?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, and other corrections needed to be made.

For example, I learnt that a line spoken by an actor in a movie was actually taken from another movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.