Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Do you think children should be allowed unsupervised access to the internet?

Topic: Do you think children should be allowed unsupervised access to the internet?

It depends on how well children understand the risks of the internet. For me, it's actually me who supervised my parents' access to the internet because they had little knowledge about the internet. In the past, computers was not that popular. I gained the use of computers and the internet in school and later on taught my parents.
    But nowadays, many people have computers and smartphones, which makes it easier for people to access the internet in their early age. Some parents gives a smartphone to their young children before the children learned the risk of the internet at school. In this case, it is necessary to supervise their children until they get familiar with the internet. Parents need to let them know the consequences of misusing the internet and computers and ask them not to download suspicious files as well as expose their private information on the internet.
    If I make any mistakes in English, please let me know!

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Do you think children should be allowed unsupervised access to the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybo View Post
    Topic: Do you think children should be allowed unsupervised access to the internet?

It depends on how well children understand the risks of the internet. For me, it's I actually me who supervised my parents' access to the internet use because they had little knowledge about of the internet it. In the past, computers was were not that popular. I gained the use of learned how to use computers and the internet in at school and, later on, taught my parents.

But nowadays, many people have computers and smartphones, which makes it easier for people them to access the internet in their at an early age. Some parents gives give their young children a smartphone to their young children before the children they have learned about the risks of the internet at school.

In this case situation/scenario, it is necessary to supervise their children until they get become familiar with the internet. Parents need to let them know explain the consequences of misusing the internet and computers, and ask tell them not to download suspicious files as well as or expose reveal their any private information on the internet online.
    Please note my changes above. Even with my changes, there is a lot of repetition of "computers" and "the internet".

Initially, I was going to leave "in school" as it's used in AmE (and other variants, I think) but I noticed that later on in the piece you used "at school" (which is what I would use in BrE). They're both right but you need to be consistent.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.