Results 1 to 3 of 3

    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 8

    Attention, Accountants

    I have a problem with translating the Polish verb "refakturować"; it means I charge my client with exactly the same amount that I have been charged. In other words: I receive an invoice for X and I issue my invoice for X also, with no commission added.

    Is it possible to use one English word to describe the a/m action?

    I appreciate your help.



  1. BobK's Avatar
    Harmless drudge
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,037

    Re: Attention, Accountants

    In BE we would say "pass on the charge" (with the stress on the "on"). But I am not an accountant, and there may well be a special term.


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 8

    Re: Attention, Accountants

    Thank you. You've assured me I'm on the right track:)

Similar Threads

  1. For attention of
    By lazybear in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Apr-2006, 08:20
  2. Catch attention??
    By cok in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-Feb-2006, 15:39
  3. flailing about and calling attention
    By zeppy in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-Nov-2004, 19:26


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts