Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Mr. pink is a very popular coach of front-end web developing with thousands of fans online. He calls himself 'pink laoshi' in Chinese which literally means 'pink teacher'. We don't know what his real name is. His teaching is logical, and easy. His slight humor spices up his tutorial. He speaks a little bit quickly, but it is perfectly up to my alley as I am a person with a short temper. His voice is often charged with passion.

Mr. pink frequently demostrates examples with pink as his priority, and he ofen can't help wowing 'Pink is the most beautiful color in the world!' something like that all through his video tutorial. He was shy of claiming he loves pink because he was worried that people would think he were too feminine as in China pink is usually considered as a color for little or young girls, though he clarifies himself is a manly man. But he've decided to publicly reveal pink is his favorite.

The English 'pink' is homophonic with the Chinese 'pinke' short for 'pinsi kefu' which refers to 'overcome difficulties by all means', and is the slogan of his to inspire his students.

He is so smart to successfully personalize himself with the color of pink that he makes himself shining impressively as a very bright star among many coaches online. I've been conditioned. Whenever I see or hear pink, I smile -- Ah, 'pink laoshi' as many other students of his do as well.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Mr. pink is a very popular coach of front-end web developing with thousands of fans online. He calls himself 'pink laoshi' in Chinese which literally means 'pink teacher'. We don't know what his real name is. His teaching is logical, and easy. His slight humor spices up his tutorial. He speaks a little bit quickly, but it is perfectly up my alley as I am a person with a short temper. His voice is often charged with passion.

Mr. pink frequently demonstrates examples with pink as his priority, and he ofen can't help saying 'Pink is the most beautiful color in the world!' something like that all through his video tutorial. He was shy about claiming he loves pink because he was worried that people would think he was too feminine as in China pink is usually considered as a color for little or young girls, though he declares himself is a manly man. But he's decided to publicly reveal pink is his favorite.

The English 'pink' is homophonic with the Chinese 'pinke' short for 'pinsi kefu' which refers to 'overcome difficulties by all means', and is his slogan to inspire his students.

He is so smart to successfully personalize himself with the color of pink that he shines impressively as a very bright star among many coaches online. I've been conditioned. Whenever I see or hear pink, I smile -- Ah, 'pink laoshi' as many other students of his do as well.

See my corrections in red. By the way, pink is considered more appropriate for women than men by many people around the world, not only in China. But I have a big and very strong son-in-law who used to dress in pink and ride the subway in hopes that some homophobic person would start a fight. He was rather like the recreational brawlers who can be found in Glasgow pubs.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Mr Pink is a very popular coach of a front-end web developing (Not complete. Is it a company?) with thousands of fans online. He calls himself 'Pink Laoshi' in Chinese, which literally means 'Pink Teacher'. We don't know what his real name is. His teaching is logical and easy to follow. His slight humor spices up his tutorial. He speaks a little[STRIKE] bit [/STRIKE]quickly, but it is perfectly right up[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] my alley as I am a person with a short temper (how is this related to him speaking fast) . His voice is often charged with passion.

Mr. pink frequently demonstrates examples with pink as his priority, and he ofen can't help wowing 'Pink is the most beautiful color in the world!'
Mr Pink is very passionate about his favourite colour, pink, and keeps extolling its beauty and raving about it in his video tutorials.

(to be continued)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
He was shy [STRIKE]of claiming[/STRIKE] about admitting he loves pink because he was worried that people would think he [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] was [STRIKE]too [/STRIKE]feminine (effeminate), [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] In China, pink is usually considered [STRIKE]as [/STRIKE]a color for little or young girls, though he [STRIKE]clarifies himself is a manly man[/STRIKE] asserts that he is an absolute man. But he[STRIKE]'ve [/STRIKE] has declared [STRIKE]decided[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] publicly [STRIKE]reveal[/STRIKE] that pink is his favorite.
[STRIKE]
The English 'pink'[/STRIKE]Pink is homophonic with [STRIKE]the Chinese[/STRIKE] 'pinke' in Chinese, short for 'pinsi kefu' which [STRIKE]refers[/STRIKE] means to 'overcome difficulties by all means', and is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] his slogan [STRIKE]of his[/STRIKE] to inspire his students.

He is [STRIKE]so smart[/STRIKE] adept in being able to successfully personalize himself with the color of pink that he makes himself [STRIKE]shining[/STRIKE] outshine [STRIKE]impressively [/STRIKE][STRIKE]as a very bright star among many[/STRIKE] other coaches online. I've been conditioned that, whenever I see [STRIKE]or hear [/STRIKE]pink (you can't hear colours), I smile and tell myself, "Ah... Pink Laoshi", as many other students of his would do as well.

Last edited:

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
a front-end web developing (Not complete. Is it a company?)
1. I refer to 'coding for a website' which largely covers two parts. One is front-end, and the other is back-end. Front End is coding the structure, style, and behavior of a website. Back End largely deals with server.

It's not a company, but a branch of IT technology.

2. I mean I see the color of pink or hear someone says the word of 'pink'. In another tutorial, another coach said to the students 'we all like pink, right'? His voice was swelling with laughter, and bullet comments were instantly responding with 'Pink Laoshi'.

So should I say "see the color of pink, or hear the word of 'pink'?

3. He asserts that he is an absolute man.
We all know he is a man, but some people just don't quite understand why a man would like the color of pink which is traditionally for girls or women, and some people might speculate his sex orientation of being a gay.

(I personally really don't mind if a man likes pink or wears in pink, and I don't get surprised either. This idea of mine has nothing to do with political correctness. I don't attach genders to colors that much.)

4. If a person speaks very slowly I will soon lose my patience inside. This is why I say I am a person with a short-temper.

5. Would either of you please explain why both of you've corrected my wording of 'the slogan of his' as 'his slogan'?

I think both expressions are correct.

I feel clicking 'thank' and 'like' are not enough to express my appreciation as both of you were spending your precious time on proofreading my writing word by word so CAREFULLY. Thank you so much!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
1. I refer to 'coding for a website' which largely covers two parts. One is front-end, and the other is back-end. Front End is coding the structure, style, and behavior of a website. Back End largely deals with server.

It's not a company, but a branch of IT technology. Mr Pink cannot be a coach of a branch of IT technology.

2. I mean I see the color of pink or hear someone says the word of 'pink'. In another tutorial, another coach said to the students 'we all like pink, right'? His voice was swelling with laughter, and bullet comments were instantly responding with 'Pink Laoshi'.

So should I say "see the color of pink, or hear the word of 'pink'? You can say "I see the colour pink or hear about it".

We all know he is a man, but some people just don't quite understand why a man would like the color [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] pink which is traditionally for girls or women, and some people might speculate [STRIKE]his sex orientation of being a[/STRIKE] that he is gay.

(I personally really don't mind if a man likes pink or wears[STRIKE] in[/STRIKE] pink, and I don't get surprised either. This idea of mine has nothing to do with political correctness. I don't [STRIKE]attach[/STRIKE] associate genders [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE] with colors that much.)

4. If a person speaks very slowly I will soon lose my patience [STRIKE]inside[/STRIKE]. This is why I say I am a person with a short-temper. Being impatient and short-tempered are not necessarily related.

5. Would either of you please explain why both of you've corrected my wording of 'the slogan of his' as 'his slogan'. "the slogan of his to inspire his student" sounds too wordy.

I think both expressions are correct.

I feel clicking 'thank' and 'like' are not enough to express my appreciation as both of you were spending your precious time on proofreading my writing word by word so CAREFULLY. Thank you so much! You are welcome. It is my hobby and I am learning in the process.

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Can I say: Mr Pink is a coach who teaches Front End of Web Developing?

Does this make sense this time?

by the way, his handler is 'pink laoshi'. He doesn't capitalize 'pink', and 'laoshi' are Chinese characters. I use Pinyin because I vaguely remember this section requires English only. Should I still capitalize 'pink' when I refer to his username?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Can I say: Mr Pink is a coach who teaches Front End of Web Developing?

Does this make sense this time?
Yes, one can be a coach of a subject, if that is considered a subject

by the way, his handle[STRIKE]r [/STRIKE]is 'pink laoshi'. He doesn't capitalize 'pink', and 'laoshi' are Chinese characters. I use Pinyin because I vaguely remember this section requires English only. Should I still capitalize 'pink' when I refer to his username?

I see. So that is his actual username. It is okay then.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
...this section requires English only.

Perhaps you can say:
...this forum is for English only
...this forum allows the use of English only.
...this forum does not allow the use of other languages.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Slightly off-topic: Repeating outdated views such as "pink is for girls", or that a man liking pink suggests he might be gay, simply reinforces such ludicrous discriminatory views. Please refrain from continuing to spread such old-fashioned opinions. The fact that lots of people around the world still hold those opinions doesn't legitimise them or make them justifiable.
You could say, for example, "Historically, pink was associated with girls/women but ...".

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Sorry, I just read this comment of yours.

I personally don't associate pink or any other colors with the genders that much as I happened to say in a previous post of mine in this thread. So I didn't and don't intend to promote any opinion about stereotype of what genders should look like on this forum. Actually in the imperial ancient China Chinese male officials wore red, purple etc. according to their officialdom. In Chinese operas, male actors would different colors including pink. I vaguely remember I saw a few young men who wore pink shirts many years ago and they looked dapper in reality in my view.

I was talking about what Mr pink's comment was and trying to explain in my writing to people whose culture(s) might be different to ours. I was talking about the reality what generally people in China would think of the color - pink as this was also what Mr pink concerns. And undeniably, it is generally still so in MORDERN China. It is not about 'historically'.

Likewise, prostitution, polygamy, light drug, swinging are legal in some Western countries, but it is not legally and not morally acceptable in China to most of ordinary Chinese people. I personally frown upon on these. For example, none of us whom I know would be offended if some Americans talk about people in Utah have several spouses and feel they try to promote that to us. Honestly who care? None of us. If you ask me about this , I would say that is not my/our value generally. I am busy with my own life. I don't want to impose my personal opinions on other people if they don't break the laws especially in China. Even if they break the laws here, it is law enforcement department's business.

And this is what Mr pink says in his video tutorial.

Talking about reality =/= promoting certain ideas
Talking about Mr pink's words about color =/= he or I favor the opinion.

And many students of Mr pink's, no matter male or female students, become liking pink because of Mr pink's personality. --As I said in the thread --- in another tutorial another coach says to his students we all like pink, right?

I understand and agree it's wrong to promote hatred, racial discrimination legally morally politically. But I personally think it goes too far if every thing should be politically correct. If so people would dare not say many things as I see this happens both in the US and China. Even if I said I disliked a man to wear pink, that's just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes about many things. It's the right of a man like Mr pink who decides to openly admit pink is his favorite.

I think the value of Freedom Speech is more important than political correctness in the West. Freedom of Speech is stated in the law(s) or constitutions within the frame of the law(s).

You're a vegan according to your profile, and I don't think you try to promote veganism on the forum.(Even if you did, I didn't mind at all though I eat meat) I don't think you would say some people are trying to be antagonistic to vegans if they share the cooking recipes of meat , wouldn't you? I'm not trying to stray away from your opinion about color. What I mean about this, let keep the opinion each no matter color or anything else.

My friend is a very devoted Christian, and he is a white American. He often voluntarily shares his faith with me, and mails relevant books to me in hope of possibly converting me. I don't get offended though I can't accept that faith. It's fine that's his faith/opinion.

In short, you and I don't have any stereotype of what a man should be if they like certain color(s), meanwhile I respect if other people regard pink is not a color for a man.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it by Volta. This is one of my favorite quotes.

(PS.-- Due to political correctness in China, I hardly talk about politics online now no matter in Chinese forum or Western forums. For one hand, I don't want to be in the hot water if the gov finds out; on the other hand I don't want to fight with other people whose opinions are different from mine as I cannot change the world. So I am learning languages, and IT which generally will not offend anyone. Honestly I am upset to read this comment of yours because this is just a piece of writing looking only for proofreading, and I am serious about learning the English language when I was posting the writing. I never disapprove of Mr pink. On the contrary, I like and respect him very much as he is a wonderful teacher like most of his students do, as the title of this thread suggests.

Now people have to wear mask out of health concern, but I have been upset that people are muzzled for political reasons. If so, are we still of being ourselves as humans with diverse cultures, different thoughts, personalities, tastes or robots that have been programmed? This is sometimes I pathetically say to myself whenever I think of political correctness.

)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.