Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Source : A 8[SUP]th[/SUP] grader’s composition to prepare for his middle school performance assessment.

Title : My Post-Corona Lifestyle

I wake up in the morning and eat between 8 and 9 and lunch between 1 and 2.
I have dinner between six and seven thirty. And I hardly exercise.
I stay at home or sometimes go out.
=>My daily routine goes like this. When I get up in the morning, I have breakfast between 8 am and 9 am. I have lunch between 1 pm and 2 pm and dinner between 6 pm and 7:30 pm. Actually, I hardly work out. I normally stay at home but sometimes go out.

When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with my friends. In the past, I used to go out a lot and play soccer a lot, but the Corona incident broke out,
so I went out less and naturally stayed home and didn't exercise much.
=> When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with my friends. In the past, I used to go out and play soccer a lot, but since COVID-19 broke out, I have gone out less and naturally stayed home, and haven’t worked out a lot as a result.

They go to school once a week and once every two weeks, but they cannot go to school if they cannot take physical education classes and have nothing to do in the hallway.
​=> Middle school students go to school once a week and once every three weeks, but they can’t take physical education class and can’t leave the school building from the hallway if they have nothing to do outside.

============================================
This is the writing practice of a student and my correction. If there are any mistakes, please correct them.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Source: An 8[SUP]th[/SUP]

See above. (Sorry, I don't have time to do the rest at the moment.)

Quick note, though. "Post-corona", to me, means "After coronavirus (has gone/passed)". I expected the piece to be about what the students expect life to be like once everything goes back to normal (whatever normal means these days). A better title would be "My lifestyle during (the) coronavirus (pandemic)".

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Source : A 8[SUP]th[/SUP] grader’s composition to prepare for his middle school performance assessment.

Title : My Post-Corona Lifestyle

I wake up in the morning and eat between 8 and 9 and lunch between 1 and 2.
I have dinner between six and seven thirty. And I hardly exercise.
=>My daily routine goes like this. WhenI get up in the morning, I have breakfast between 8 am and 9 am. I have lunch between 1 pm and 2 pm and dinner between 6 pm and 7:30 pm. Actually, I hardly work out. I normally stay at home but sometimes go out.

I would write "After I get up...".
Exercise and work out are the same thing.

When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with my friends. In the past, I used to go out a lot and play soccer a lot, but the Corona incident broke out,
so I went out less and naturally stayed home and didn't exercise much.
=> When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with my friends. In the past, I used to go out and play soccer a lot, but since COVID-19 broke out, I have gone out less and naturally stayed home, and haven’t worked out a lot as a result.

I would omit "naturally".

They go to school once a week and once every two weeks, but they cannot go to school if they cannot take physical education classes and have nothing to do in the hallway.
​=> Middle school students go to school once a week and once every three weeks, but they can’t take physical education class and can’t leave the school building from the hallway if they have nothing to do outside.

Do the student go out once a week or once every three weeks?

Why "from the hallway"? You are either inside the building or outside. Does it matter from where you leave the building?
they have nothing to do outside - they have no business to be outside?

============================================
This is the writing practice of a student and my correction. If there are any mistakes, please correct them.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Why "from the hallway"? You are either inside the building or outside. Does it matter from where you leave the building?

​Sorry, this is the original meaning.

but they can’t take physical education class and they can’t hang out in the hallways if they have nothing to do.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Most of my daily routine is like this.
I usually get up around 8am in the morning. I eat breakfast between 8:30 and 9. Then I have lunch between 12pm and 1pm or replace it with some snack. I always eat dinner between 6pm and 7pm and have some snack at 8 pm.

I hardly exercise. I used to work out a lot in the past, but I have stopped it since COVID-19 broke out. I go to school once every three weeks for a week, but I can't take physical education classes even at school. Because of the corona virus, sometimes I don’t know what to do in my free time

When I get stressed, I play games with my friends who like to do with me. Also, I sometimes go out and play with my friends whom I like to play with.

I think we need some exercise to help us to stay fit. It’s necessary to exercise at least for 20 minutes every day to keep fit. And the pattern of eating habits should be regular – we should eat at the right times and similar times.

================================
Sorry, the composition has changed like this due to the changed requirement of the school. If there are mistakes, please correct them.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I wake up in the morning and eat breakfast between 8 and 9. [STRIKE] and [/STRIKE]I usually have lunch between 1 and 2.
I have dinner between 6 and 7.30 in the evening. [STRIKE] six and seven thirty. [/STRIKE] And I hardly exercise.
=>My daily routine goes like this. [STRIKE] When [/STRIKE] I get up in the morning, and I have breakfast between 8 am and 9 am. I have lunch between 1 pm and 2 pm and dinner between 6 pm and 7:30 pm. Actually, I hardly work out. I normally stay at home but sometimes go out.

When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with my friends. In the past, I used to go out a lot and play soccer a lot, but the Coronavirus [STRIKE] incident [/STRIKE] broke out, so I [STRIKE] went [/STRIKE] go out less, [STRIKE] and naturally stayed [/STRIKE] stay home and [STRIKE] didn't [/STRIKE] don’t exercise much.
=> When I get stressed, I play games, talk on the phone with my friends, or go outside to play with them. [STRIKE] my friends. [/STRIKE] In the past, I used to go out and play soccer a lot, but since COVID-19 broke out, I have gone out less, have been staying [STRIKE] and naturally stayed [/STRIKE] home, and haven’t worked out a lot as a result. [The student’s choice of the present simple is better!]

They go to school once a week [STRIKE] and [/STRIKE] or once a fortnight, [STRIKE] every two weeks, [/STRIKE] but they cannot go to school if they cannot take physical education classes and have nothing to do in the hallway.
​=> Middle school students go to school once a week [STRIKE] and [/STRIKE] or once a fortnight, [STRIKE] every two weeks, [/STRIKE] but they can’t take physical education classes and can’t leave the school building from the hallway if they have nothing to do outside.
----------------------------------------------------
Most of my daily routine is like this.
I usually get up around 8am in the morning. I eat breakfast between 8:30 and 9. Then I have lunch between 12pm and 1pm or [STRIKE] replace it with [/STRIKE]just have some snack instead. I always eat dinner between 6pm and 7pm and have [STRIKE] some [/STRIKE] a snack at 8 pm.

I hardly exercise nowadays. I used to work out a lot in the past, but I have stopped [STRIKE] it [/STRIKE] since COVID-19 broke out. I go to school once every three weeks for a week, but I can't take physical education classes. [STRIKE] even at school. [/STRIKE] Because of the corona virus, sometimes I don’t know what to do in my free time.

When I get stressed, I play games with my friends. [STRIKE] who like to do with me. [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] Also, I sometimes go out and play with my friends whom I like to play with [/STRIKE]. [That’s unnatural, and it’s repetitive in any case]

I think we need some physical exercise to help us to stay fit. It’s necessary to exercise at least for 20 minutes every day to keep fit. And [STRIKE] the pattern of eating habits should be regular – [/STRIKE] we should eat at regular times too. [STRIKE] the right times and similar times. [/STRIKE]
I don't understand the underlined parts.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

​Sorry, this is the original meaning.

but they can’t take physical education class and they can’t hang out in the hallways if they have nothing to do.

Physical education classes are not allowed and students are not permitted to hang out in the hallways/corridors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.