Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Dear users of UsingEnglish,

I need some help for my motivation letter! Would some of you please correct it? I really need to make a good impression.

Here's the letter, I've removed some info for privacy, I hope you understand:

Dear Admission Committee of University,

With this letter I would like to express my sincere interest in applying for your master’s in International Management.

My name is Name Surname, I am currently working in a consultancy agency in Italian City and have graduated in 2019 in ‘Philosophy, Politics and Economics’ at University in Italy. I chose this bachelor’s degree after spending a gap year in Foreign City, where I met people from all around the globe and I started being interested in different economies and cultures. I learnt that, in order for countries and businesses to develop in a successful way in an international environment, it is essential to understand each other’s culture and way of living. On this matter, I am particularly interested in the two Global Cultural courses offered in your master’s programme.

My academic career has shown many accomplishments, as I graduated with honors (110 cum laude) and as I was often amidst the top student of my course and got full marks on many exams, in particular: Introduction to Economics, History of Asia, Moral Philosophy, International Relations and International Law. I wrote my final thesis on the protection of Intellectual Property Rights in the international legal framework, with a focus on digital rights. I chose this topic because I was fascinated by the role and importance of intellectual property both in the private realm of businesses and in the broader sphere of international economics.

During my second year of university I was selected for a summer internship at UK Company, a global cosmetics product company, for the role of Social Media and Community Intern in their London office. There I had the chance to meet and engage with colleagues from all around the globe and to see first-hand how consumers in different countries react to specific products. At the end of my internship, I was offered a full-time contract, which I accepted only for the two following months, because I wanted to focus and finish my studies.

As for my extra-curricular activities, I was selected to participate in the Contamination Lab, an eight-week entrepreneurial workshop in cooperation with leading operators of the sector. In such occasion I have discovered my strategic role when working in a team, as I was able to effectively mediate my peers and lead my group to the best solution. I enjoyed designing our business project using management tools such as Business Model Canvas, Design Thinking methods, Value Circle Canvas, How Might We Questions, Buyer Personas, SWOT analysis. On this matter, I know I will give an excellent contribution during the course on International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management.

After graduating I started working as a Marketing Assistant and Project Coordinator for Italian Company, a small consultancy agency based in Venice. Magnolia srl is specialized in business development, funding from the European Regional Development Fund, European Social Fund and other regional funding, executive training and training support for the unemployed. In Magnolia srl I had the chance to deepen my skills and knowledge in Social Media Management, developing and implementing effective communication plans through Facebook and LinkedIn. My main focus is on organic content, but I am also managing the paid sponsorships trough Facebook Business Manager. As part of my role I take care of the monthly newsletter and of websites’ ongoing refinement. As for the marketing and communication strategy, my main focus is based on Inbound and Content Marketing, creating relevant and informative contents with the objectives of raising brand awareness, bringing value to the customers and making them step down the purchase funnel. In Magnolia srl I am also assisting the Administrative Director and Project Manager with ‘Youth Guarantee’ projects. I promote the programs among companies and young people, select the best candidates and give them support from the training courses to the internships.

While I was working as a Marketing Assistant and Project Coordinator, I was enrolled in the master’s degree ‘Comparative International Relations’ offered by Italian University. Since the first weeks of the Master, however, I realized that path did not suit my interests and career goals. Consequently, I took the chance to enroll in some other extra-curricular courses focused on business management, in particular: Principles of Business Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management and E-business.

With all of my experience listed, I feel the desire to keep studying and completing my academic and professional profile with a master’s degree abroad. I have a passion for international economics, global businesses and marketing and the subject offered in this program are specifically in line with my professional goals. For these reasons, the master’s degree in International Management offered at University is a natural choice for me. In addition, a valuable asset that living in Country would give me is to learn Language. My goal would be to get a B2 proficiency in language by the end of the master.

I am certain that the knowledge and skills learnt from my professional experience, both academically and professionally, would make me a relevant addition to the Master’s in International Management offered at University.

Yours sincerely,

What do you guys think? Is it too long? What can I erase out from it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi, and welcome. :)
Were you given any guidelines for the letter (word limit, areas to cover)?
What's the submission deadline?

janizu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi, and welcome. :)
Were you given any guidelines for the letter (word limit, areas to cover)?
What's the submission deadline?

Hello! There were no particular indications for the motivation letter, just to indicate why that university would be a good fit for the candidate.

The deadline is the end of August.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Admission Committee of University,

With this letter I would like to express my sincere interest in applying for your master’s in International Management.

[STRIKE] My name is Name Surname. [/STRIKE] I am currently working in a consultancy agency in Italian City and [STRIKE] have graduated [/STRIKE] after graduating in 2019 in ‘Philosophy, Politics and Economics’ [STRIKE] at [/STRIKE] from University in Italy. I chose [STRIKE] this [/STRIKE] that bachelor’s degree after spending a gap year in Foreign City, where I met people from all around the globe and I started being interested in different economies and cultures. I learnt that, in order for countries and businesses to develop in a successful way in an international environment, it is essential to understand each other’s culture and way of living. [STRIKE] On this matter, [/STRIKE] In that regard, I am particularly interested in the two Global Cultural courses offered in your master’s programme.

My academic career has [STRIKE] shown [/STRIKE] had many accomplishments, as I graduated with honors (110 cum laude).[STRIKE] and as [/STRIKE] I was often amidst the top students of my course and got full marks [STRIKE] on [/STRIKE] in many exams, in particular: Introduction to Economics, History of Asia, Moral Philosophy, International Relations and International Law. I wrote my final thesis on the protection of Intellectual Property Rights in the international legal framework, with a focus on digital rights. I chose this topic because I was fascinated by the role and importance of intellectual property both in the private realm of business and in the broader sphere of international economics.

During my second year of university I was selected for a summer internship at UK Company, a global cosmetics product company, for the role of Social Media and Community Intern in their London office. There, I had the chance to meet and engage with colleagues from all around the globe and to see first-hand how consumers in different countries react to specific products. At the end of my internship, I was offered a full-time contract, which I accepted only for the [STRIKE] two [/STRIKE] following two months, because I wanted to focus on and finish my studies.

As for my extra-curricular activities, I was selected to participate in the Contamination Lab, an eight-week entrepreneurial workshop in cooperation with leading operators [STRIKE] of [/STRIKE] in the sector. [STRIKE] In such occasion I have [/STRIKE] That helped me discover [STRIKE] ed [/STRIKE] my strategic role when working in a team, as I was able to effectively mediate between my peers and lead my group to the best solution. I enjoyed designing our business project using management tools such as Business Model Canvas, Design Thinking methods, Value Circle Canvas, How Might We Questions, Buyer Personas, and SWOT analysis. [STRIKE] On this matter, I know [/STRIKE] Thus, I am confident I will [STRIKE] give [/STRIKE] make an excellent contribution during the course on International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management.

After graduating, I started working as a Marketing Assistant and Project Coordinator for Italian Company, a small consultancy agency based in Venice. Magnolia srl is specialized in business development, funding from the European Regional Development Fund, European Social Fund and other regional funding, executive training and training support for the unemployed. In Magnolia, [STRIKE] srl [/STRIKE] I had the chance to deepen my skills and knowledge in Social Media Management, developing and implementing effective communication plans through Facebook and LinkedIn. My main focus is on organic content, but I am also managing the paid sponsorships
[*]
through Facebook Business Manager. As part of my role, I take care of the monthly newsletter and of our website’s ongoing refinement. As for the marketing and communication strategy, my main focus is based on inbound and content marketing, creating relevant and informative contents with the objectives of raising brand awareness, bringing value to the customers and [STRIKE] making them step down [/STRIKE] guiding them down the purchase funnel. In Magnolia, [STRIKE] srl [/STRIKE] I am also assisting the Administrative Director and Project Manager with ‘Youth Guarantee’ projects. I promote the programs among companies and young people, select the best candidates and give them support from [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] training courses to [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] internships.

While I was working as a Marketing Assistant and Project Coordinator, I was enrolled in the [STRIKE] master’s degree [/STRIKE] Comparative International Relations master’s degree offered by Italian University. [STRIKE] Since the first weeks of the Master, [/STRIKE] However, I realized in the first few weeks of that programme that its path did not suit my interests and career goals. Consequently, I took the chance to enroll in some other extra-curricular courses focused on business management, in particular: Principles of Business Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management and E-business.

With all of my experience listed above, I feel the desire to keep studying and completing my academic and professional profile with a master’s degree abroad. I have a passion for international economics, global business and marketing and the subjects offered in this program are specifically in line with my professional goals. For these reasons, the master’s degree in International Management offered at University is the natural choice for me. In addition, [STRIKE] a valuable asset that [/STRIKE] living in Country would give me [STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] the valuable opportunity to learn Language. My goal would be to [STRIKE] get a [/STRIKE] reach B2 proficiency in language by the end of the master.

I am certain that the knowledge and skills learnt from my professional experience, both academically and professionally, would make me a [STRIKE] relevant addition to [/STRIKE] a useful member of the [STRIKE] Master’s in [/STRIKE] International Management master’s offered at University.

Yours faithfully, [STRIKE] sincerely, [/STRIKE]
* I don't understand what you mean by sponsorships.

janizu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
* I don't understand what you mean by sponsorships.

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

I realized that 'sponsorships' related to Facebook Business Manager does not make sense, and in English they are called 'sponsored ads' or 'ad campaigns'.

I will review it some more times and then send it to the universities I'm applying for. Again, thank you so much!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome. Yes, either "sponsored ads" or "ad campaigns" would work in the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.