Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Wales
Current Location
Wales
Hi, I would really welcome responses to the survey for my MA TESOL dissertation. The title is: English Language teachers' use and perceptions of social media as a form of professional development. It should only take about 5 minutes and I'd be so grateful for your participation. The link to the survey is secure, via the university: https://cardiffmet.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8bTvMgNw00KHwot Thank you so much.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What is the benefit of the statements under the question:

To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements about social media as a form of professional development?

You can accumulate figures, but I am sorry to say that I couldn't see the knowledge to be gained. Obviously the problem may be me, but I didn't get this. Maybe I am too long in the tooth.

Reed57

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Wales
Current Location
Wales
What is the benefit of the statements under the question:

To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements about social media as a form of professional development?

You can accumulate figures, but I am sorry to say that I couldn't see the knowledge to be gained. Obviously the problem may be me, but I didn't get this. Maybe I am too long in the tooth.
Thanks for the interest. My Literature review showed that teachers perceive and use social media differently, so some may use it for those reasons but may not see it as PD - just a general picture to provide impetus for ensuing interviews.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
PD - professional development?

Status