Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 72p.5

According to Greek mythology, the Oracle at Delphi was consulted to gauge the risk of waging a war. In modern times, the term Delphi refers to a group survey technique for combining the opinions of several people to develop a collective judgment. The technique comprises a series of structured questions and feedback reports. Each respondent is given a series of questions (e.g., what are the five most significant risks in this project?), to which he writes his opinions and reasons. The opinions of everyone surveyed are summarized in a report and returned to the respondents, who then have the opportunity to modify their opinions. Because the written responses are kept anonymous, no one feels pressured to conform to anyone else’s opinion. If people change their opinions, they must explain the reasons why; if they don’t, they must also explain why. The process continues until the group reaches a collective opinion. Studies have proven the technique to be an effective way of reaching consensus.

(This question and answers is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.)
Q: Why is the Delphi technique considered an effective way of reaching consensus? Describe using 15 to 20 words.
A : Because people surveyed have the opportunity to modify their opinions until they reach a collective opinion.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 72p.5

According to Greek mythology, the Oracle at Delphi was consulted to gauge the risk of waging a war. In modern times, the term Delphi refers to a group survey technique for combining the opinions of several people to develop a collective judgment. The technique comprises a series of structured questions and feedback reports. Each respondent is given a series of questions (e.g., what are the five most significant risks in this project?), to which he writes his opinions and reasons. The opinions of everyone surveyed are summarized in a report and returned to the respondents, who then have the opportunity to modify their opinions. Because the written responses are kept anonymous, no one feels pressured to conform to anyone else’s opinion. If people change their opinions, they must explain the reasons why; if they don’t, they must also explain why. The process continues until the group reaches a collective opinion. Studies have proven the technique to be an effective way of reaching consensus.

(This question and answers is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.)
Q: Why is the Delphi technique considered an effective way of reaching consensus? Describe using from fifteen to twenty words.
A : Because people surveyed have the opportunity to modify their opinions until they reach a collective opinion.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.
That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.