the responsibility of producing quality media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 73p.8

A well-functioning democracy requires a media system that provides diverse sources of information and encourages civic participation. The government once considered the airwaves such an integral part of our democracy that politicians decided the public should own and control them. It is time for the public to reclaim the responsibility of producing quality media from the corporate conglomerates. The first step is to break up the concentration of media power. Let’s give control to a greater number of smaller companies that could legitimately compete with a broader range of information. Also, we must create and maintain a noncommercial public media system as well as independent alternative media that exist outside the control of transnational corporations and advertisers. The rise of independent political blogs, and that of alternative podcasts, radio networks and television channels are all examples of citizens rising up to take back control of our media

• This question and answer is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.

Q : List two things that the public should do to reclaim the responsibility of producing quality media. Describe using 10~20 words.
A : First, they should break up the concentration of media power and secondly, they must create and maintain noncommercial public media system as well as independent alternative media.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 73p.8

A well-functioning democracy requires a media system that provides diverse sources of information and encourages civic participation. The government once considered the airwaves such an integral part of our democracy that politicians decided the public should own and control them. It is time for the public to reclaim the responsibility of producing quality media from the corporate conglomerates. The first step is to break up the concentration of media power. Let’s give control to a greater number of smaller companies that could legitimately compete with a broader range of information. Also, we must create and maintain a noncommercial public media system as well as independent alternative media that exist outside the control of transnational corporations and advertisers. The rise of independent political blogs, and that of alternative podcasts, radio networks and television channels are all examples of citizens rising up to take back control of our media

• This question and answer is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.

Q : List two things that the public should do to reclaim the responsibility of producing quality media. Describe using from ten to twenty words.
A : First, they should break up the concentration of media power and, second, they must create and maintain noncommercial public media system as well as independent alternative media.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.
Since you put a comma after First, I added one before second to bracket it. None of the commas are really necessary.

I think firstly and secondly are wordy. Some people like them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I think firstly and secondly are wordy. Some people like them.

Many BrE speakers prefer the wordy forms. I do, but I am of certain age and first seems a bit newfangled to me.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You assume what the answer is before you ask the question. What do I mean by that? You assume that government has all the answers.

What in the history of the world anywhere makes you think government makes better decisions than the rest of us?

In a John Stossel video I watched recently the host said politics bad, markets good (or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.