Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 75p.11

The popular press deems reshoring to be “bringing manufacturing back home...” from a current location that is not home. The term is agnostic as to whether the manufacturing being brought home occurred in a wholly owned facility in an offshore location or in the factory of an offshore supplier.
GE, for example, reshored its appliance manufacturing from its production facility in China to the U.S. in its own plant to meet the U.S. demand, whereas the U.S.-based Vaniman Manufacturing decided to no longer buy sheet metal fabrication from an overseas supplier and to instead source from a local supplier to meet demand in the U.S. Both would be considered reshoring (more precisely, reshoring back to the U.S.). Reshoring is fundamentally concerned with where manufacturing activities are to be performed, independent of who is performing the manufacturing activities in question — a location decision only, as opposed to a decision regarding location and ownership.

• This question and answer is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.
Q : What are the two ownership type examples in the paragraph? Describe using 10~20 words.
A : They are a wholly owned facility in an offshore location and the factory of an offshore supplier.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Keannu, the posts you've put up today are not appropriate for the Ask a Teacher area. I've moved them to Teaching English for now but they may find a permanent home elsewhere. Please don't post any more of these in Ask a Teacher.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about in a factory with an offshore supplier? The facts of the Vaniman case do not fit the description in the text for me.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You seem to supply the question and the answer. (That's very convenient for tbe reader, especially if the reader is listening to the radio.)

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Keannu, the posts you've put up today are not appropriate for the Ask a Teacher area. I've moved them to Teaching English for now but they may find a permanent home elsewhere. Please don't post any more of these in Ask a Teacher.

Would you let me know which part of "Teaching English" I should post threads?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This main "Teaching English" sub-section is fine. It seems appropriate - in post #1, you referred to "my student's finals" so you are clearly currently teaching English to someone, not undergoing teacher training.

Status
Not open for further replies.