Source : Korean SAT English 2021 by Korean Education Broadcasting System - 87p.8

Although the efforts to revive dying languages are admirable, the challenges facing those who would reverse the extinction process are intimidating. Not all of the extinctions are the direct result of hostility and repression from a dominant government, as was the case with American Indians throughout most of U.S. history.
But where brutal repression failed to make indigenous languages and culture extinct, intense globalization since the 1980s has been more successful. The recent revolution in communications technology has provided powerful tools (through the airwaves and cyberspace) for the spread of mainstream Western culture and language.
Yet, for some endangered languages, the tide is changing through the digital revolution. As Rosenberg points out, digital technology, discussion groups, software companies, and apps are lifelines for language preservation for minority and endangered language communication needs.
At one time technology forced some language speakers to adopt the dominant language of their community or nation.Now, new tools create the possibility for revitalizing languages and retaining language speakers of endangered languages.

• This question and answer is made by me to practice for expected essay questions in my student's finals.

Q : Describe the things that made indigenous languages extinct and the things that help to preserve endangered languages respectively. Describe using in ten to twenty words.

A : Intense globalization since the 1980s has made indigenous languages extinct, while digital technology, discussion groups, software companies, and apps helped to preserve endangered languages.

If you find any improper words or content, please let me know.