Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
At present I am working as Senior Research Fellow for the project ‘Classification and Feature Selection of airborne hyperspectral data AVIRIS – NG(Next Generation sensor) for crop and urban mapping’ funded by Space Application Center/ISRO under the supervision of Dr. Mahesh Pal, Professor, Deptt of Civil Engg, NIT Kurukshetra.
During my job, I have faced challenges in processing and analysis of hyperspectral data through which gained a good exposure and solid understanding in the area of airborne and satellite based hyperspectral data. I have implemented a number of Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms for classification problems and data dimensionality reduction and achieved interesting results. I have been actively involved in acquisition of field observations using non- imaging hyperspectral instrument ASD-4 and SVC spectroradiometers to study the biophysical and biochemical variables of various crop throughout the season.As per the requirement of my project I have participated in field camping during the acquisition of AVIRIS-NG data through air borne platform collaboratively collected by NASA and ISRO during April 2018.
I pursued my master’s degree in Remote Sensing and GIS from SRM University. During this period I got fascinated with the hyperspectral Remote Sensing and choose my area of research for my dissertation was carried at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Dehradun. During this time I performed image processing techniques on Hyperion, AVIRIS and LiDAR data sets for Land Cover Classification and other tasks assigned by my supervisor Ms.Asfa Siddiqui (Scientist/Engineer – SD).

I have commendable working knowledge in machine learning and have been working on Python, R and Weka. Executed machine and deep learning algorithms on cloud platforms like google earth engine and google colaboratory. Besides have sound skills in handling of geospatial software packages for image processing and GIS tools. In my research experience worked on multiple remote sensing datasets (Multispectral and Hyperspectral data) have a solid knowledge in image processing and interpretation of satellite data and other field data. In addition to this frequent visit for collect of ground truth and spectro-radiometer measurements of crops/vegetation improved my knowledge towards field survey. Monitoring of crop biophysical and biochemical properties through destructive (lab based experiments) and non-destructive (field based) methods have boosted me thoroughly in understanding of spectral behavior of crops/vegetation. field expeditions have enlightened me to organize field plans independently and to interpret, analyze the field data observations and correlate with remotely sensed data. The experience at this level made me to grasp things with ease in adverse environmental conditions. I intend to take up challenging assignments and always tried to initiate new ideas and willing to work independently in any environment. I am eager to learn new things and also open to work in a team to achieve required goals. I seek not only to gain technical skills but also to gain management skills on a global level.
I find myself confident that I can complete the research project with my experience and knowledge, certainly this opportunity enhances my knowledge to a new level. This would be a great opportunity for me to pursue a PhD degree in the concerned topic which has got a huge potential. I believe that the stream of hyperspectral and LiDAR remote Sensing improvises the livelihood of mankind, and gives way to technological innovation. I would look forward to continue research work in the same area after the completion of my degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This doesn't look like a letter to me without a beginning and an end.

The contents should be sorted out into shorter paragraphs for easy reading. Much of the information could be put into a resume in the form of a bullet list.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

You certainly need to split it up into paragraphs, with a line break between each one. That's just two huge blocks of text. I'll be honest - I took one glance at it and didn't read it.

Take some time to look at other threads in this section and you'll get a good idea of how we suggest such pieces are laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.