Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Albanian
Home Country
Albania
Current Location
Australia
I've been dating my man for some time now, but unfortunatly we got to the point where we need to call it off due to circumstances that are not up to us.It's been hard for us both...He said to me "I can't allow myself to let feelings go wild, I have to control them with you" and "I need to keep my emotions under control".I try to understand if it means he has strong feelings for me but tries not to fall even harder, or does it mean something else?Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please update your profile with correct information.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Your location does not appear to be Australia.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Some new members randomly choose profile information options from near the top of each option's pick list, which the forum doesn't allow. "Albania" and "Australia" are both near the top. Your post didn't originate from an Australian IP address, so given the first factor, I suspected your profile information was incorrect.

MrPalmesh

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Albanian
Home Country
Albania
Current Location
Australia
Some new members randomly choose profile information options from near the top of each option's pick list, which the forum doesn't allow. "Albania" and "Australia" are both near the top. Your post didn't originate from an Australian IP address, so given the first factor, I suspected your profile information was incorrect.

I see, no no haha he really is Australian and I really do live in Australia. I am not originally from here though.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I see, no no haha he really is Australian and I really do live in Australia. I am not originally from here though.

Who is "he"?

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
MrPalmesh, it sounds like you are probably interpreting his remarks pretty accurately, although we cannot be certain since we know so little about the relationship.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I've been dating my man for some time now, but unfortunately we got to the point where we need to call it off due to circumstances that are not up to us. [space.] It's been hard for us both. He said to me, "I can't allow myself to let feelings go wild. I have to control them with you," and "I need to keep my emotions under control". [space] I'm trying to understand if it means he has strong feelings for me but is trying not to fall even harder. Or does it mean something else? [space] Thanks.
Dump the chump.

And put spaces after periods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.