Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Please help me im having a hard time translating this casual speech into frozen speech style/formal style

And this is my speech about my passion.
When i was young at first i didnt know what i wanted to do with myself , what my passion is and who i wanted to be.
At first i was just studying and studying for the sake of studying without goal in mind no future dream that was until i started homescooling tho i didnt know what to do. to be honest i had plenty of free time i can do whatever i want and study how i want to and strangely enough i actually got lost and confused.
Since for once i was alone with my mind with my thoughts i didnt have to improve to anyone for once i didnt have to compete for something anymore for a while for a longer time so i started pondering and pondered until i found who i want to be well not exactly but what i wanted to do. I theres twon things i wanted to to with my life. One was to become a writer i wanted to write. To tell a story a grand tail of a brilliant adventure of a strory that i hope i would be able to last for such a long time and then theres the second one my second wish i wanted to become adventurer to explore the unknown.
To travel around the world and not only this world but worlds beyond. So i was also thinking as well as an astronaut. Going up there in space somewhere unknown ive always wanted to face the unknown but then again tho i dont have the courage to do so yet. This is why i started writing first at first i was just doing it just as an experimentation to see how good i was.
But then slowly eventually i started actually taking it somewhat passionately. I made a story and i made well i started writing story.
Im not done with it but i finally found the courage to do so. Im not yet done with writing the story tho but eventually ill get there. But hey its the first step to do for a brighter future for myself i guess. anyways, thats all for now thank u for watching this speech and goodbye

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What ideas do you have to do it? What constitutes a formal style to you?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me. I'm having a hard time translating this casual speech into frozen speech style/formal style.

[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] This is my speech about my passion.

When I was young, at first I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself, what my passion [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was and who I wanted to be.

At first, I was just studying and studying for the sake of studying without a goal in mind, no future dreams. That was until I started homeschooling, though I didn't know what to do.

To be honest, I had plenty of free time. I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could do whatever I wanted, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] study how I wanted to and, strangely enough, I actually got lost and confused.

Since for once I was alone [STRIKE]with my mind[/STRIKE] with my thoughts, I didn't have to [STRIKE]improve[/STRIKE] prove anything to anyone. For once I didn't have to compete for something [STRIKE]anymore for a while for a longer time[/STRIKE] so I started pondering, and I pondered until I found who I wanted to be.

Well, not exactly, but what I wanted to do.

[STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Theres[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]There were[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]twon[/STRIKE] two things I wanted to [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] do with my life.

One was to become a writer - I wanted to write. To tell a story, a grand [STRIKE]tail[/STRIKE] tale of a brilliant adventure [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] or a [STRIKE]strory[/STRIKE] story that I hoped [STRIKE]i would be able to[/STRIKE] would last for [STRIKE]such[/STRIKE] a long time.

[STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Then there's the second one. My second wish [STRIKE]i wanted[/STRIKE] was to become an adventurer to explore the unknown.

I wanted to travel around the world [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] - not only this world but worlds beyond.

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I was also thinking [STRIKE]as well as[/STRIKE] about being an astronaut. Going up there in space, somewhere unknown.

I'
ve always wanted to face the unknown but [STRIKE]then again[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]tho[/STRIKE] although I don't have the courage to do so yet.

This is why I started writing. [STRIKE]first[/STRIKE] At first, I was just doing it [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] as an [STRIKE]experimentation[/STRIKE] experiment to see how good I was.

But then [STRIKE]slowly[/STRIKE] eventually I started actually taking it somewhat [STRIKE]passionately[/STRIKE] seriously.

I made a story and I made well I started writing story. This whole sentence makes no sense so I can't correct it.

I'm not done with it but I finally found the courage to [STRIKE]do so[/STRIKE] start it.

I'm not yet done with writing the story though but eventually I'll get there. But hey, it's the first step to [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] for a brighter future for [STRIKE]myself[/STRIKE] me, I guess.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thank you for [STRIKE]watching[/STRIKE] listening to this speech and goodbye.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my multiple corrections above. Regardless of whether you are writing formal or informal English, certain rules must be followed. They are:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular plural).
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Don't put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always use an apostrophe in the appropriate place.

Don't write non-standard things like "tho" and "u". They are not words.

I have not attempted to change this into "formal speech". That's your job. I have simply shown you how to write correctly, added some missing words and made some minor grammatical changes.

What on earth is "frozen speech"?

Status
Not open for further replies.