monthly

Hello,

I need to translate the following sentence into my native language.

The purchaser makes monthly 12 months prognosis to the supplier as a capacity and material reservation.

I donīt know whether the sentence is gramatically correct, but could you please tell me whether the word "monthly" means:

a) that the prognosis is submitted each month and covers a period of the next 12 months
    b) that one prognosis is submitted annually and covers the next 12 months and specifies relevant data for each separate month

Thank you very much

Hanka

Re: monthly

First of all, the sentence is so awkwardly structured, that who knows what the writer had in mind. In any case, I'm relatively positive that the writer meant
    a) that the prognosis is submitted each month and covers a period of the next 12 months

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hello,

I need to translate the following sentence into my native language.

The purchaser makes monthly 12 months prognosis to the supplier as a capacity and material reservation.

I donīt know whether the sentence is gramatically correct, but could you please tell me whether the word "monthly" means:

b) that one prognosis is submitted annually and covers the next 12 months and specifies relevant data for each separate month

Thank you very much

Hanka
    Next is one of those words that can be misunderstood. Does it mean from each projection or from now?

I would rewrite your sentence as:

The purchaser transmits monthly twelve-month projections to the supplier to reserve future capacity and material.