Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In British TV drama--House of Cards, Francis Urquhart is a sophisticated politican whose arrogance is in his blue blood, though he looks very reliable to his colleagues and boss--the Prime Minister. He is an iron fist in a velvet glove. Whenever it's ready, he will give anyone who is in his way, even his lovers and the King, a deadly punch without any hesitation. He is reserved. His catchphrase is 'you might very well think that; I couldn’t possibly comment'.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
In British TV drama--House of Cards, Francis Urquhart is a sophisticated politican whose arrogance is in his blue blood, though he looks very reliable to his colleagues and boss--the Prime Minister. He is an iron fist in a velvet glove. Whenever it's ready, he will give anyone who is in his way, even his lovers and the King, a deadly punch without any hesitation. He is reserved. His catchphrase is 'you might very well think that; I couldn’t possibly comment'.

1. There should be a space before and after a dash.
2. He [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has an iron fist...
3.[STRIKE] Whenever it's ready[/STRIKE] He will give anyone who [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] gets in his way, even...

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
1. There should be a space before and after a dash.
2. He [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has an iron fist...
3.[STRIKE] Whenever it's ready[/STRIKE] He will give anyone who [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] gets in his way, even...
:-D:up:

Can I keep 'whenever it's ready? What I mean is he waits for the right time to do it, rather than taking an action immediately.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
:-D:up:

Can I keep 'whenever it's ready? What I mean is he waits for the right time to do it, rather than taking an action immediately.

I think whenever it's ready doesn't go with without hesitation. Anyway, the former phrase is redundant to me.

PeterCW

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your reference to "the King" is an anachronsim. The story is set in the last quarter of the twentieth century when the United Kindon had a female monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.