Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you want to cancel your tour surely somebody has to be available to take your call. So shouldn't that be done during business hours?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodTaste

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It you want to cancel your tour surely somebody has to be available to take your call. So shouldn't that be done during business hours?

Have you considered the AI service (24/7) without human intervention? The entire process, except the guided tour, can be handled by artificial intelligence.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
We'll consider AI options when robots can answer students' questions here like we do.:roll:

GoodTaste

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
We'll consider AI options when robots can answer students' questions here like we do.:roll:

They are very different. Asking a guided tour service is like booking a ticket, in which you can cancel the ticket before the set deadline and get refunded. It is a very small and simple espect of life. English language involves every symbolic espect of life and society, or of the universe, which cannot be completely analyzed by AI at the current level (but AI does have done a lot of good jobs in linguistic process, like voice assissting, grammar checking, and automatically writing etc.). So English teachers are a cherished source of wisdom which cannot be ignored.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
And no one notices my question in #11 post?

I did- instead of messing around with am/pm for the points of the meridiem, where native speakers differ in their views, use noon/midnight which are clear to everyone.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have you considered the AI service (24/7) without human intervention? The entire process, except the guided tour, can be handled by artificial intelligence.

It's hard enough talking to a real person sometimes. Are you saying that if I want to call that place I can call any time because they don't need to have a human being there to take my call? How does that work?

GoodTaste

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Do you need to call a real person when you want to cancel a ticket? Your app can do the job.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Let's not get sidetracked, shall we?
:)