Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hi,

Again I am asking questions regarding my museum's stuff.

The Museum will organise a creative photo/ video contest next month.

But since we are part of a 'bureautic machine' we must include a condition like below:

'If we find your photos or videos jeopardize the public order, the accepted principles of morality or our institutional image, you would be immediately suspended from participating in the contest. We reserve the right to claim damages to our reputation shall any of the aforementioned photos or videos are posted online'.​

This is translated word by word from Chinese. Could anyone please help us make it idiomatic?

We expect some expatriates here may be interested in this contest. We must however in the first place make the terms and conditions clear to them.

Thank you very much for your input!

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
We reserve the right to claim damages to our reputation shall any of the aforementioned photos or videos are posted online'.

We reserve the right to claim compensation for damage to our reputation should any of the photos or videos be posted online.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
"If we find your photos or videos jeopardize the public order, the accepted principles of morality or our institutional image, you will be immediately suspended ..."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I would remove "the" from "public order".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I prefer the word order, but I think will fits better than would given that the sentence starts If we find....

Status
Not open for further replies.