Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Dear Dr. Scott

My name is Chi Wing Wong (Chi, from Hong Kong). I was fortunate enough to take Sociolinguistics with you in the winter of 2016-17 at University of Connecticut (I earned a B+ in your course), and you helped me with the socio visual and the survey about The People at University of Connecticut. As you may recall, I went to Socio 2017 convention in Sacramento with you.

I know you are busy so that I will get to the point. I am writing to ask if you would be willing and able to support my graduate school application with a strong letter of reference that attests to my academic ability and research potential at the graduate level.

I am applying to the Sociolinguistics MA program at California State University, and the deadline for the letter of reference is January 15, 2021. If you can do this for me, I will follow up with the details of how to submit the letter online.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this request and for your consideration. I also want to thank you for everything I have learned under your instruction. The things I have learned from you are very helpful in having better communication skills to enhance world peace to resolve conflicts, and I cannot be grateful enough.

Best regards,
Chi Wing Wong (Chi)

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Dr. Scott,

My name is Chi Wing Wong (Chi, from Hong Kong). I was fortunate enough to [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] be taught Sociolinguistics [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] by you in the winter of 2016-17 at the University of Connecticut (I earned a B+ in your course), and you helped me with the socio visual [ 1] and [STRIKE]the survey about[/STRIKE] The People at University of Connecticut survey. As you may recall, I went to the Socio 2017 convention in Sacramento with you.

I know you are busy, so [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] I will get to the point. I am writing to ask if you would be willing and able to support my graduate school application with a strong letter of reference that attests to my academic ability and research potential at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] graduate level.

I am [STRIKE]applying to[/STRIKE] hoping to apply for the Sociolinguistics MA program at California State University, and the deadline for the letter of reference is January 15, 2021. If you can do this for me, I will follow up with the details of how to submit the letter online.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this request and for your consideration. I also want to thank you for everything I have learned under your instruction. The things I have learned from you are very helpful in having better communication skills to enhance world peace and to resolve conflicts, and I cannot be grateful enough.

Best regards,

Chi Wing Wong (Chi)
[1]: On its own "socio visual" doesn't make sense. It's just an adjective. It needs to modify a noun.

Status
Not open for further replies.