• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

You'll never know what...(29 words)

Hi.

Context: I watched a video today. It's about a couple who married for eight years but they didn't have any children. But today the wife found that she was pregnant then she told her husband this, her husband was so happy that he cried because he waited for eight years for him to become a dad. I wrote a sentence about that:

You'll never know what real happiness is unless you become the man who is told that he's going to be a father at the eighth year of his marriage.

I wonder if it's natural. I might say the above to my friends.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: You'll never know what...(29 words)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverobama View Post
    Context: I watched a video today. It's about a couple who have been married for eight years but still childless. they didn't have any children. But However, today the wife found out that she was pregnant then she and told her husband. this, her husband He was so happy that he cried because he waited hed been waiting for eight years for him to become a dad. I wrote a sentence about that:

You'll never know what real happiness is unless you become the man who is told that he's going to be a father at the eighth year of his marriage.

I wonder if it's natural. I might say the above to my friends.
    No. It's not natural at all. Try perhaps:
    You can't imagine how happy that man was to discover he was going to be a father after eight years of waiting.