[General] You'll never know what...(29 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

Context: I watched a video today. It's about a couple who married for eight years but they didn't have any children. But today the wife found that she was pregnant then she told her husband this, her husband was so happy that he cried because he waited for eight years for him to become a dad. I wrote a sentence about that:

You'll never know what real happiness is unless you become the man who is told that he's going to be a father at the eighth year of his marriage.

I wonder if it's natural. I might say the above to my friends.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Context: I watched a video today. It's about a couple who have been married for eight years but still childless. [STRIKE] they didn't have any children. But [/STRIKE] However, today the wife found out that she was pregnant [STRIKE] then she [/STRIKE] and told her husband.[STRIKE] this, her husband [/STRIKE] He was so happy that he cried because [STRIKE] he waited [/STRIKE] he’d been waiting for eight years [STRIKE] for him [/STRIKE] to become a dad. I wrote a sentence about that:

You'll never know what real happiness is unless you become the man who is told that he's going to be a father at the eighth year of his marriage.

I wonder if it's natural. I might say the above to my friends.
No. It's not natural at all. Try perhaps:
You can't imagine how happy that man was to discover he was going to be a father after eight years of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.