• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

It seems that the power...(26 words)

Hi.

My friend Jeff told was still worrying about the COVID virus (He thinks it's easy to get infected and to die) because he's in the US. But I made a comparison between the virus in Wuhan and in the US, I said the following to him:

Well, no worries. It seems that the power of the virus is deteriorating because the mortality rate and possibilities to cause to severely ill are decreasing.

What I want to say is that the virus in Wuhan was very powerful, killing many people. But as time goes by, now more and more people in different countries become healthy again after being treated. At that time, even patients were treated, it was still very likely to develop severe symptoms and finally died.

Please help me with my sentence.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: It seems that the power...(26 words)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverobama View Post
    Hi.

My friend Jeff told me [that] he was still worrying about the COVID virus (he thinks it's easy to get infected and to die) because he's in the US, but I made a comparison between the virus in Wuhan and in the US. I said the following to him:

Well, no worries don't worry. It seems that the power of the virus is deteriorating declining because the mortality rate and possibilities to cause to the chances of becoming severely ill are decreasing.

What I want to say is that the virus in Wuhan was very powerful, killing many people. But as time goes by, now more and more people in different countries become healthy again recover [after being treated treatment]. At that time (At what time?), even when patients were treated received treatment, it was they were still very likely to develop severe symptoms and finally died die.

Please help me with my sentences. (I assume you were referring only to the part in italics but that included two sentences so you need the plural here.)
    See above.

"No worries" isn't the same as "Don't worry". It's used in some variants (AusE mainly, I believe) as an alternative to "You're welcome" after someone thanks you.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 21-Oct-2020 at 07:48.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by Silverobama View Post
    now more and more people in different countries become healthy again recover after being treated. At that time, Early on in the epidemic, even when patients were treated, it was they were still very likely to develop severe symptoms and finally many died.

4. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Some people say that the virus is less dangerous, but one factor in survival rates is the improvement in treatment and the drugs used.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Silver, I suggest that you keep your sentences fairly short.
    Not a professional teacher