• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

I chose to work partime....(39 words)

Hi.

I now work parttime in a restaurant. A friend of mine thinks that my spoken English is good so I should work in a language school because it can earn much more money. I said the following to him:

I chose to work parttime here for I can meet different and new people. Also, it's a way to fight off my depressed feelings. I don't want to spend much time being alone, it makes me sad and bored.

I wonder if it's natural and grammatical.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I chose to work partime....(39 words)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverobama View Post
    Hi.

At the moment, I now work part-time in a restaurant. A friend of mine thinks that my spoken English is good so I should work in a language school because it can I could earn much more money. I said the following to him:

I chose to work part-time here for because I can meet different and new people. Also, it's a way to fight off my depressed feelings depression. I don't want to spend much time being alone; it makes me sad and bored.

I wonder if it's natural and grammatical.
    See above. I don't like "different and new people". The "and" definitely doesn't work but even "different, new people" sounds awkward. You could try "a variety of new people".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.