Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
This comes from an adult autism test I found online.

The results I got after finishing the test say:

Your score suggests you experience many of the common traits experienced by those with an autism spectrum disorder.

This does not necessarily mean you have autism or Asperger’s, but as this test is only a guide and the autism diagnosis process is far more comprehensive, you might want to think about whether you a full diagnosis could be helpful.

What should I do now?

The assessment for autism is very in depth and will go into a great more detail than the above quick indicator test. You may therefore want to consider whether a full assessment will be helpful for you – our triage team can explain this is more detail.

A full assessment will also look at other common mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety and ADHD – it’s common for someone with Autism to have another issue as well, and often these can be successfully treated.If you are at all concerned about how you are feeling we would always recommend speaking to someone. Our team of clinical advisors are all trained professionals who are able to help identify if there might be a problem that we can help with. We can arrange private psychiatric assessments and therapy sessions at one of our 21 nationwide locations.

There are two things I'd like to ask about.

First, the sentence in blue doesn't look right to me. I'd either lose the second you ("You might want to think about whether [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] a full diagnosis could be helpful"), or rearrange the sentence to read "You might want to think about whether [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] a full diagnosis could be helpful for you", but at the same time it might be me who's wrong and I'm missing something.

Second, why is the word in green capitalized? It's capitalized in the middle of a sentence, and I don't see why.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
... and it was a mistake to capitalise autism in the middle of the sentence.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
The assessment for autism is very in depth and will go into a great more detail than the above quick indicator test. You may therefore want to consider whether a full assessment will be helpful for you – our triage team can explain this is more detail.

The author repeats the same thing there (the part in bold).

I think the "is" in blue should be "in".

:)

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This comes from an adult autism test I found online.

The results I got after finishing the test say:

Your score suggests you experience many of the common traits experienced by those with an autism spectrum disorder.

This does not necessarily mean you have autism or Asperger’s, but as this test is only a guide and the autism diagnosis process is far more comprehensive, you might want to think about whether [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] a full diagnosis could be helpful.

What should I do now?

A full assessment will also look at other common mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, and ADHD. It’s common for someone with autism [space] to have another issue as well, and often these can be successfully treated. [space] If you are at all concerned about how you are feeling, we would always recommend speaking to someone. Our team of clinical advisors is all trained professionals who are able to help identify if there might be a problem that we can help with. We can arrange private psychiatric assessments and therapy sessions at one of our 21 nationwide locations.

There are two things I'd like to ask about.

First, the sentence in blue doesn't look right to me. I'd either lose the second you ("You might want to think about whether [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] a full diagnosis could be helpful"), or rearrange the sentence to read "You might want to think about whether [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] a full diagnosis could be helpful for you", but at the same time it might be me who's wrong and I'm missing something.

It's fine with or without for you. It's obviously talking about you, so saying for you isn't needed.

Second, why is the word in green capitalized?

It's another mistake. It wasn't proofread carefully.

It's capitalized in the middle of a sentence, and I don't see why.
That's what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.