Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I am trying to tell my professor that I have entered his information to the grad school I am applying to, I am not too sure if "the online graduate admission" is a correct phrases to use?

"I have submitted your contact information to the online graduate admission, and SF State should have emailed you already."

Does the sentence above make sense?

Is there a better way to write it out?

Thanks in advance?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You need something after "graduate admission". Did you pass the contact details on via the graduate admission website? Did you pass them on to the graduate admission board/team?

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Yes, via the graduate admission website.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am trying to tell my professor that I have [STRIKE]entered[/STRIKE] given his [STRIKE]information[/STRIKE] contact details to the grad school I am applying to. I am not too sure if "the online graduate admission" is [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the correct [STRIKE]phrases[/STRIKE] phrase. [STRIKE]to use?[/STRIKE]

"I have [STRIKE]submitted[/STRIKE] passed on/given your contact [STRIKE]information[/STRIKE] details to SF State [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] via their [STRIKE]online[/STRIKE] graduate admission website, and [STRIKE]SF State[/STRIKE] they should have emailed you already."

Does the sentence above make sense?

Is there a better way to write it? [STRIKE]out?[/STRIKE]

Thanks in advance.

See above for my corrections and how I would word it. "Contact details" is much more common than "contact information" in BrE.

Status
Not open for further replies.