Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Respected Sir,

I, [personal details removed], an employee of the Indian Overseas Bank, Sealdah Branch (0127) having Roll no.- [personal details removed], Designation- Clerk, would like to inform you that I tested positive for COVID-19 on 15.10.2020 and for that reason, I could not attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I informed you of my inability to join my office on account of being infected with COVID-19 by e-mail dated 16.10.2020. According to advice of the doctor of Basirhat Municipality, I stayed at my residence at home-isolation from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I was under his medical treatment during this period, i.e., from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. According to his advice, I went to the Basirhat District Hospital for COVID-19 test on 01.11.2020. I got the COVID-19 test report from the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal to my registered mobile number by message on 05.11.2020 and the report became negative.

I attach the copies of hospital doctor's prescription of Basirhat District Hospital, COVID-19 test report and medical fitness certificate to this application for your kind perusal.

I, therefore, request you to please treat my leave of absence from office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020 as Special Leave and oblige.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

[personal details removed]
Clerk
Roll no.- [personal details removed]

Suppose, an employee who works in a bank could not attend his office for having infected with COVID-19 and he wants to write a letter to the authorities concerned for granting his leave of absence from office as Special Leave. Is the letter which I have written above grammatically correct?

I shall be much obliged if you please look through the letter and rectify it in full.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It looks like an ongoing situation. Thus I would say I will not be able to and am staying.

Barman

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It looks like an ongoing situation. Thus I would say I will not be able to and am staying.

No, it's not an ongoing situation. What I really mean, the employee couldn't attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. Here I willfully mentioned that date.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, it's not an ongoing situation. What I really mean, the employee couldn't attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. Here I willfully mentioned that date.

Three things. One, isn't 10/11/2020 the 10th of November? Two, I don't know what you mean by "willfully mentioned". Three, I would contact my immediate supervisor first.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Here we might say:

I am sick and I won't be able to go to work because I have contracted the Covid-19 virus, and I have to stay home for the time being.

Barman

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Three things. One, isn't 10/11/2020 the 10th of November? Two, I don't know what you mean by "willfully mentioned". Three, I would contact my immediate supervisor first.

Yes, it is 10th November, 2020.

Please consider that the employee has joined on 10.11.2020 and as if it was today, i.e., the date was 10.11.2020. Hence, I used that word "willfully".

Here the employee has written the letter to his immediate supervisor, i.e., The Branch Manager.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Respected[/STRIKE] Dear Sir,

I, [name], an employee of the Indian Overseas Bank, Sealdah Branch (0127), [STRIKE]having[/STRIKE] Roll no. [number], [STRIKE]Designation-[/STRIKE] job title Clerk, would like to inform you that I tested positive for COVID-19 on 15.10.2020 and, for that reason, I could not attend the office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020.

I informed you of [STRIKE]my inability to join my office on account of being infected with COVID-19[/STRIKE] this by e-mail [STRIKE]dated[/STRIKE] on 16.10.2020.

[STRIKE]According to[/STRIKE] On the advice of the doctor of Basirhat Municipality, I stayed [STRIKE]at my residence[/STRIKE] at home in isolation from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I was under his [STRIKE]medical treatment[/STRIKE] care during this period. [STRIKE]i.e., from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]According to[/STRIKE] On his advice, I went to the Basirhat District Hospital for a COVID-19 test on 01.11.2020. I got a negative [STRIKE]the COVID-19[/STRIKE] test [STRIKE]report[/STRIKE] result from the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal by text to my registered mobile number [STRIKE]by message[/STRIKE] on 05.11.2020. [STRIKE]and the report became negative.[/STRIKE]

I have attached [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] copies of the hospital doctor's prescription [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] from the Basirhat District Hospital, the COVID-19 test report and the medical fitness certificate [STRIKE]to this application[/STRIKE] for your [STRIKE]kind[/STRIKE] perusal.

I, therefore, request that you [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] please treat my leave of absence from the office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020 as Special Leave.[STRIKE]and oblige.[/STRIKE]

Thank[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] you.

Yours faithfully,

[personal details removed]
Clerk
Roll no.- [personal details removed]

Suppose no comma here an employee who works in a bank could not attend his office [STRIKE]for having[/STRIKE] due to being infected with COVID-19 and he wants to write a letter to the authorities concerned [STRIKE]for granting[/STRIKE] asking them to consider his leave of absence from the office as Special Leave. Is the letter [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] that I have written above grammatically correct?

I shall be much obliged if you [STRIKE]please[/STRIKE] would look through the letter and [STRIKE]rectify it in full[/STRIKE] correct it where necessary.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.