• Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Application for granting leave of absence from office as Special Leave

Respected Sir,

I, [personal details removed], an employee of the Indian Overseas Bank, Sealdah Branch (0127) having Roll no.- [personal details removed], Designation- Clerk, would like to inform you that I tested positive for COVID-19 on 15.10.2020 and for that reason, I could not attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I informed you of my inability to join my office on account of being infected with COVID-19 by e-mail dated 16.10.2020. According to advice of the doctor of Basirhat Municipality, I stayed at my residence at home-isolation from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I was under his medical treatment during this period, i.e., from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. According to his advice, I went to the Basirhat District Hospital for COVID-19 test on 01.11.2020. I got the COVID-19 test report from the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal to my registered mobile number by message on 05.11.2020 and the report became negative.

I attach the copies of hospital doctor's prescription of Basirhat District Hospital, COVID-19 test report and medical fitness certificate to this application for your kind perusal.

I, therefore, request you to please treat my leave of absence from office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020 as Special Leave and oblige.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

[personal details removed]
    Clerk
    Roll no.- [personal details removed]

Suppose, an employee who works in a bank could not attend his office for having infected with COVID-19 and he wants to write a letter to the authorities concerned for granting his leave of absence from office as Special Leave. Is the letter which I have written above grammatically correct?

I shall be much obliged if you please look through the letter and rectify it in full.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 30-Oct-2020 at 21:16. Reason: Removed personal details

Tarheel is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Application for granting leave of absence from office as Special Leave

It looks like an ongoing situation. Thus I would say I will not be able to and am staying.
    Not a professional teacher

Barman is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    It looks like an ongoing situation. Thus I would say I will not be able to and am staying.
    No, it's not an ongoing situation. What I really mean, the employee couldn't attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. Here I willfully mentioned that date.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    No, it's not an ongoing situation. What I really mean, the employee couldn't attend office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. Here I willfully mentioned that date.
    Three things. One, isn't 10/11/2020 the 10th of November? Two, I don't know what you mean by "willfully mentioned". Three, I would contact my immediate supervisor first.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Here we might say:

I am sick and I won't be able to go to work because I have contracted the Covid-19 virus, and I have to stay home for the time being.

Barman is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Three things. One, isn't 10/11/2020 the 10th of November? Two, I don't know what you mean by "willfully mentioned". Three, I would contact my immediate supervisor first.
    Yes, it is 10th November, 2020.

Please consider that the employee has joined on 10.11.2020 and as if it was today, i.e., the date was 10.11.2020. Hence, I used that word "willfully".

Here the employee has written the letter to his immediate supervisor, i.e., The Branch Manager.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    Respected Dear Sir,

I, [name], an employee of the Indian Overseas Bank, Sealdah Branch (0127), having Roll no. [number], Designation- job title Clerk, would like to inform you that I tested positive for COVID-19 on 15.10.2020 and, for that reason, I could not attend the office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020.

I informed you of my inability to join my office on account of being infected with COVID-19 this by e-mail dated on 16.10.2020.

According to On the advice of the doctor of Basirhat Municipality, I stayed at my residence at home in isolation from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020. I was under his medical treatment care during this period. i.e., from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020.

According to On his advice, I went to the Basirhat District Hospital for a COVID-19 test on 01.11.2020. I got a negative the COVID-19 test report result from the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal by text to my registered mobile number by message on 05.11.2020. and the report became negative.

I have attached the copies of the hospital doctor's prescription of from the Basirhat District Hospital, the COVID-19 test report and the medical fitness certificate to this application for your kind perusal.

I, therefore, request that you to please treat my leave of absence from the office from 16.10.2020 to 10.11.2020 as Special Leave.and oblige.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

[personal details removed]
    Clerk
    Roll no.- [personal details removed]

Suppose no comma here an employee who works in a bank could not attend his office for having due to being infected with COVID-19 and he wants to write a letter to the authorities concerned for granting asking them to consider his leave of absence from the office as Special Leave. Is the letter which that I have written above grammatically correct?

I shall be much obliged if you please would look through the letter and rectify it in full correct it where necessary.
    See above.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.