Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Topic: Describe your (or your friend's) illness or injury experience.

I'd like to talk about an illness happened two years ago. One day, I felt very unwell and nauseous. I went to see the doctor but it didn't help.
Doctor said maybe I ate something wrong. The nauseous feeling lasted about a week. I didn't know why I got that illness and become nervous because I had booked a flight to travel to Korea soon. It seemed I got better a few days later. But terrible things happened when I arrived Korea the next day. I felt nauseous worse again so I changed the return ticket to an earlier day. I suspected that I was ill because of a new bag I bought. The bag smell strangely inside. I threw away it already. Later, I recovered naturally.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here is one very important thing (and it's something many native speakers get wrong). You don't feel nauseous. You feel nauseated. Nauseous should be used to describe the thing that is making you feel sick.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Topic: Describe your (or your friend's) illness or injury experience.

I'd like to talk about an illness that happened two years ago. One day, I felt very unwell and nauseated. I saw my doctor, but it didn't help. The doctor said that maybe I had eaten something that disagreed with me.
The feeling lasted about a week. I didn't know why I got that illness and become nervous because I was supposed to leave for Korea soon. It seemed I got better a few days later. But terrible things happened when I arrived in Korea the next day. I felt worse, so I changed the return ticket to an earlier day. I suspected that I was ill because of a new bag I had bought. The bag smelled strange inside. I threw it away. I soon recovered.

Bed time!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You're fighting a losing battle. ;-)