• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Post An e-mail

I appreciate your kind support regarding the below email.

The e-mail:

"I am sending you as you are the office manager of the CEO and because you are involved in the topic since I firstly sent Mr. CEO my first email. Since Mr. CEO told me that I will be contacted by one of the senior management, I had many interviews with different level within the banks and still I did not set with the right person who can take a decision of my case. The interviews were as follows:

1- First interview was with Mr. Essam that whose scope is far from my area of expertise and he referred me to Mr. Farid.

2- Mr. Farid has referred me to his subordinate Mr. Gamil he met with me and his team and who offered me a job opportunity and he told me that I need a higher position in which I can use my full capabilities and I agreed with him.

3- At the same time and because in the first place I have sent to the CEO and the CCO, the CCO was interested in meeting me and the HR called me to arrange for that but they preferred to continue in the track of interview that started with Essam to avoid having two tracks of interview for one candidate.

4- I also had a call from Farid and he ended up the call saying that he will refer me to have an interview in marketing. Although I got it after my interview with Gamil that marketing in banking is just taking care of advertising which is far away from my area of expertise.

I would like to highlight that I am not a job seeker who need just any job but as you aware as you were copied in all my e-mails, I need a role from which I can add value to the bank. If I am a job seeker, I should have accepted the role that has been offered me by Gamil.

I am sending you now to get the support and a right direction whom he can take a decision of my case. The role that I am interested is more relative to consumer function. I wonder if we can arrange for an interview with the head of consumer."

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: An e-mail

This seems to be a complaint or grievance. Can you tell us in plain English what it's about?

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    This seems to be a complaint or grievance. Can you tell us in plain English what it's about?
    It's about the following:

I sent to the CEO of the bank to show my interest in joining the bank and he referred me to his subordinates. His subordinates offered a non suitable role and they were mad at me as I got the CEO involved.

They CEO has left and I am here would like to involve his office manger who was involved and aware of the case.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I have one question - was your original contact with the CEO of this bank a response to an actual advertised job vacancy? From what I recall of your previous threads on this topic, you seem to have cold-contacted the CEO. My concern is that if there isn't a vacancy in the department you seem determined to work in, you're banging your head against a brick wall.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Economist2010 View Post
    I sent an email to the CEO of the bank to show my interest in joining the bank, and he referred me to his subordinates. His subordinates offered me a non suitable job, and they were mad at me for getting the CEO involved.

The CEO has left the company, and I am here would like to involve his office manger who was involved and aware of the case.
    As I understand it they offered you a job, but it wasn't the one you wanted. ( I don't understand the last part of the last sentence.)
    Not a professional teacher

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    I have one question - was your original contact with the CEO of this bank a response to an actual advertised job vacancy? From what I recall of your previous threads on this topic, you seem to have cold-contacted the CEO. My concern is that if there isn't a vacancy in the department you seem determined to work in, you're banging your head against a brick wall.
    No, I sent him directly not after seeing an advertisement

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    As I understand it they offered you a job, but it wasn't the one you wanted. ( I don't understand the last part of the last sentence.)
    Thanks Tarheel.

I see that you edited my reply not the e-mail. What I wanted to edit is the email

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

No, I sent it to him directly -- not after seeing an advertisement
    It was a cold call.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thanks Tarheel.

I see that you edited my reply, not the e-mail. What I want to edit is the email
    I admit that I made the easier choice.

I did scan the email, and it will take some figuring out.

(If teechar can't do it I sure can't.)

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Try:

I am sending this email to you because XYZ XY referred me to you. He said you would be able to help me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last