Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I appreciate your kind support regarding the below email.

The e-mail:

"I am sending you as you are the office manager of the CEO and because you are involved in the topic since I firstly sent Mr. CEO my first email. Since Mr. CEO told me that I will be contacted by one of the senior management, I had many interviews with different level within the banks and still I did not set with the right person who can take a decision of my case. The interviews were as follows:

1- First interview was with Mr. Essam that whose scope is far from my area of expertise and he referred me to Mr. Farid.

2- Mr. Farid has referred me to his subordinate Mr. Gamil he met with me and his team and who offered me a job opportunity and he told me that I need a higher position in which I can use my full capabilities and I agreed with him.

3- At the same time and because in the first place I have sent to the CEO and the CCO, the CCO was interested in meeting me and the HR called me to arrange for that but they preferred to continue in the track of interview that started with Essam to avoid having two tracks of interview for one candidate.

4- I also had a call from Farid and he ended up the call saying that he will refer me to have an interview in marketing. Although I got it after my interview with Gamil that marketing in banking is just taking care of advertising which is far away from my area of expertise.

I would like to highlight that I am not a job seeker who need just any job but as you aware as you were copied in all my e-mails, I need a role from which I can add value to the bank. If I am a job seeker, I should have accepted the role that has been offered me by Gamil.

I am sending you now to get the support and a right direction whom he can take a decision of my case. The role that I am interested is more relative to consumer function. I wonder if we can arrange for an interview with the head of consumer."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This seems to be a complaint or grievance. Can you tell us in plain English what it's about?

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
This seems to be a complaint or grievance. Can you tell us in plain English what it's about?

It's about the following:

I sent to the CEO of the bank to show my interest in joining the bank and he referred me to his subordinates. His subordinates offered a non suitable role and they were mad at me as I got the CEO involved.

They CEO has left and I am here would like to involve his office manger who was involved and aware of the case.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have one question - was your original contact with the CEO of this bank a response to an actual advertised job vacancy? From what I recall of your previous threads on this topic, you seem to have cold-contacted the CEO. My concern is that if there isn't a vacancy in the department you seem determined to work in, you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I sent an email to the CEO of the bank to show my interest in joining the bank, and he referred me to his subordinates. His subordinates offered me a non suitable job, and they were mad at me for getting the CEO involved.

The CEO has left the company, and I am here would like to involve his office manger who was involved and aware of the case.

As I understand it they offered you a job, but it wasn't the one you wanted. ( I don't understand the last part of the last sentence.)

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I have one question - was your original contact with the CEO of this bank a response to an actual advertised job vacancy? From what I recall of your previous threads on this topic, you seem to have cold-contacted the CEO. My concern is that if there isn't a vacancy in the department you seem determined to work in, you're banging your head against a brick wall.

No, I sent him directly not after seeing an advertisement

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
As I understand it they offered you a job, but it wasn't the one you wanted. ( I don't understand the last part of the last sentence.)

Thanks Tarheel.

I see that you edited my reply not the e-mail. What I wanted to edit is the email

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks Tarheel.

I see that you edited my reply, not the e-mail. What I want to edit is the email

I admit that I made the easier choice.

I did scan the email, and it will take some figuring out.

(If teechar can't do it I sure can't.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

I am sending this email to you because XYZ XY referred me to you. He said you would be able to help me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm going to rewrite your email completely because it's too complicated to try to do my usual combination of corrections, comments, strikethroughs etc. Here is my suggested version:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear [name of recipient]

I am contacting you in the hopes that you can help to resolve the current situation regarding my desire to work for [name of company].

As you are aware, on [date] I contacted [name of CEO] because I wanted to secure a position with [name of company]. [Name of CEO] said he/she would arrange for a member of senior management to contact me. Since that date, I have had several interviews with various members of staff but none of them were able to offer me a suitable position.

On [date], I was interviewed by Mr Essam but he does not work in my field of expertise, so he referred me to Mr Farid, who then referred me to Mr Gamil.

On [date], I met with Mr Gamil and his team. Mr Gamil offered me a position but told me that I would be more suited to a higher-level position to utilise my full capabilities. I agreed with this opinion.

On [date], I was contacted by [name of CCO] to say that he/she would like to meet me. However, the HR department advised me that the company would prefer me to stay on the recruitment track that was started by the interview with Mr Essam.

On [date], I received a call from Mr Farid, inviting me to attend an interview for a position in the marketing department. As a result of that interview, I was offered a position but it was in the area of advertising, which is not my area of expertise. I have not taken up that offer.

I would like to make it clear that I am not simply looking for any job in your company. I specifically want to work in a role in which I can excel, and in which I can add value to the bank. I am particularly interested in consumer function* and I am writing to ask you if it is possible to set up a meeting with the head of consumer**.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

[Your name]

* I don't know what "consumer function" is.
* I have left "head of consumer" but I don't know what it means. Are you are talking about the "Customer/Consumer Relations" department?

Status
Not open for further replies.