Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I have been nominated for a marketing job in a company and I received a rejection e-mail for that job.

Later on I realised that marketing in this company only focuses on advertising not all other marketing disciplines.

I would like to send to HR to say that:

" the rejection is wrong because I have been considered for wrong job role."

Is that correct in English and making sense

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I [STRIKE]have been nominated[/STRIKE] applied for a marketing job in a company [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] but I received a rejection e-mail for that job. Later on, I realised that marketing in this company only focuses on advertising but not all other marketing disciplines.

I would like to send an email to HR to say [STRIKE]that:[/STRIKE] "The rejection is wrong because I have been considered for the wrong [STRIKE]job[/STRIKE] role."

Is that correct in English and [STRIKE]making[/STRIKE] does it make sense?

Please note my corrections above.

Your job application history with this company is getting more confusing by the day. You don't get nominated for a job. You apply for a job. You could say that someone else put you forward for a role but (usually) you would still have to go through a selection process which could, of course, result in rejection.

Your suggested sentence is grammatically correct but it doesn't really make sense. It is only your opinion that you were considered for the "wrong role". It is also only your opinion that the decision to reject you was wrong. Most people disagree with a company's decision not to employ them.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Please note my corrections above.

Your job application history with this company is getting more confusing by the day. You don't get nominated for a job. You apply for a job. You could say that someone else put you forward for a role but (usually) you would still have to go through a selection process which could, of course, result in rejection.

Your suggested sentence is grammatically correct but it doesn't really make sense. It is only your opinion that you were considered for the "wrong role". It is also only your opinion that the decision to reject you was wrong. Most people disagree with a company's decision not to employ them.

I would like to also add that editing my e-mails helps me getting my command of language improved.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I stand by what I said in another thread. You are giving the company a false idea of your level of English. If the emails you send are written in perfect English (the ones we write), what will happen if they finally give you a job and you then have to send emails in English without our help?

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I stand by what I said in another thread. You are giving the company a false idea of your level of English. If the emails you send are written in perfect English (the ones we write), what will happen if they finally give you a job and you then have to send emails in English without our help?

It is up to you whether or not you are going to edit my e-mails but as I said, I only post on the forum the e-mails that I am sending to the top management.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would like to also add that editing my e-mails helps me [STRIKE]getting[/STRIKE] improve my command of the language [STRIKE]improved[/STRIKE].
Regardless, if you were rejected, you're wasting everyone's time by arguing with the company. Move on.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have been nominated for a marketing job in a company and I received a rejection e-mail for that job.

You keep using the same terms even though you have been told they don't work.

You seem quite reluctant to accept suggestions or corrections.

I can assure you that the people who you are are talking about can be just as persistent as you are.

There is no point to badgering people and telling them they were wrong not to hire you. (That won't get them to change their minds.)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It is an exercise in futility.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have a feeling that each time we correct an email, the OP simply takes our version and sends it off as if it's his/her own. I don't think the OP is actually learning anything from us, as shown by the fact that the same errors occur over and over again.

I'm closing all the threads on this topic by this OP as they're wasting our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.