Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

Appreciate your support regarding the below paragraph:

"I joined a company with a team not organised, no key performance indicators were assigned to each one to achieve them, no discipline.

My strategy was to depending on three pillars as follows:

1- restrcured the team and put a defined performance indicators to achieve and on which he will be evaluated.

3- Developing them by getting them engaged in the decision making to expand their knowledge and

3- investing them by nominating some of them to get some courses related to their job and the company to bear the cost.

And applying this strategy was paid off and led to having a strong and integral team."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi All,

I would appreciate your[STRIKE] support regarding[/STRIKE] help with the [STRIKE]below paragraph[/STRIKE] text as follows:

"I joined a company [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] which had a team of staff which was not organised. There were no key performance indicators [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] assigned to each [STRIKE]one to achieve[STRIKE] them[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] staff and there was no discipline.

My strategy was [STRIKE] to depending on[/STRIKE] based on three pillars as follows:

1- [STRIKE]restrcured [/STRIKE] Restructuring the team and [STRIKE]put[/STRIKE] putting [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] in place defined performance indicators for staff to achieve and based on which [STRIKE]he [/STRIKE] they will be evaluated.

3- Developing them by getting them engaged in [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]decision making [STRIKE]to expand their knowledge[/STRIKE] and

3- investing in them by [STRIKE]nominating[/STRIKE] sending some of them to [STRIKE]get some[/STRIKE] attend courses related to their job, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] paid for by the company [STRIKE]to bear the cost[/STRIKE].

[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Applying this strategy [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] has paid off and [STRIKE]led to having[/STRIKE] resulted in a strong and [STRIKE]integral [/STRIKE] united team."

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Every team has a common goal. That's what makes it a team.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Theoretically.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Economist2010, I suggest using writing shorter, simpler sentences. For example, say:

I restructured the team.

Then start another sentence.

I am not sure if "performance indicators" is the phrase you want to use. Did you establish goals for each member of the team and for the team as a whole?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Economist, what are all the bits of text you're posting for? Are you applying for a job?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
. . . I am not sure if "performance indicators" is the phrase you want to use. Did you establish goals for each member of the team and for the team as a whole?
I agree. It doesn't mean anything. Instead of indicators, you might want to say goals, quotas, or benchmarks.

Look them up to see if one fits.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think he means KPI, which is an accepted term in management.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think he means KPI, which is an accepted term in management.

That makes sense. In fact, the thing that gives you confidence that somebody understands something is that he is able to explain it to somebody.

Hopefully the OP is taking our advice to heart. My suggestion is that he write shorter sentences that are easier to understand. (If there are problems it will be easier to fix them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.