Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
We had two times the candelabra arm got damaged; first time, the small arm had damaged and we have got the replacement correctly. Later, the big arm was found to be damaged at the site, but they sent us a small arm instead of the big arm requested, so big arm is still pending. Therefore, please ask the supplier to arrange for a proper replacement immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE]We had two times[/STRIKE] The candelabra arm got damaged twice; first time, the small arm [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] was damaged and we have [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] received the replacement [STRIKE]correctly[/STRIKE]. Later, the big arm was found to be damaged at the site, but they sent us a small arm instead of the big arm required [STRIKE]requested[/STRIKE], so, the big arm replacement is still pending. Therefore, please [STRIKE]ask[/STRIKE] request the supplier to arrange for a proper replacement immediately.

Y

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I wouldn't use the comma after "so" in Yankee's quote.
I wouldn't use "Please request the supplier to arrange ...". The original said "Please ask the supplier to arrange ...". For me, that is correct and natural.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I wouldn't use "Please request the supplier to arrange ...". The original said "Please ask the supplier to arrange ...". For me, that is correct and natural.

Yes. We had a thread on the grammaticality of request somebody to do something fairly recently. If I remember right, the vast majority of our members considered the pattern to be wrong, or problematic at the very least.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I prefer correct (replacement) to proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.