Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Hi,

I am applying for a job and there is a column where I need to put my job pitch. Would you be able to help me check if it's grammatically correct?

Here is my job pitch:

Throughout my 8 years of experience working with various department and over 10 years of supervising role, I know what it takes to become a good HR administrator. My experience in overseeing maintenance department proven that I am capable of managing difficult tasks even without prior experience.

Thank you very much :)

Yueehs

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Hi,

I am applying for a job and there is a column where I need to put my job pitch in 300 characters. Would you be able to help me check if it's grammatically correct?

Here is my job pitch:

Throughout my 8 years of experience working with various department and over 10 years of supervising role, I know what it takes to become a good HR administrator. My experience in overseeing maintenance department proven that I am capable of managing difficult tasks even without prior experience.

Thank you very much :)

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Not a teacher
------

Here's my opinion:

Throughout my 8 years of experience working with various departments and over 10 years [STRIKE]of supervising role[/STRIKE] as a supervisor, I [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] have learned what it takes to become a good HR administrator.

I think it reads better this way.

My experience in overseeing maintenance department proven that I am capable of managing difficult tasks even without prior experience.

This part doesn't make sense. How does your experience prove that you're capable of managing tasks without prior experience?

Perhaps: "Over the years overseeing the maintenance department, I have proved that I am capable of managing difficult tasks even without prior experience."

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yueehs, don't try to put too much into one sentence. And please don't use the phrase prior experience. (It just means experience.)

Yueehs

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Thank you all :)
really appreciate it

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Experience has shown that I am capable of taking on new tasks.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I am applying for a job, and there is a column where I need to put my job pitch. Would you be able to help me check if it's grammatically correct?

Here is my job pitch:

Throughout my eight years of experience working with various departments and over ten years [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] supervising [STRIKE]role[/STRIKE],

I know what it takes to be a good HR administrator. My experience [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] overseeing a maintenance department demonstrates my ability to manage new and difficult tasks [STRIKE]even without prior experience[/STRIKE].

Thank you very much. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]
If I were reading your application, I would wonder: If you only worked in various departments for eight years, how can you have ten years of supervisory experience?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Yueehs, please do not post the same question to more than one section of the forum. Please be patient and wait for replies.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you all.

[STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]

I really appreciate it.

Remember to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark and start every sentence with a capital letter. Don't try to make your own emoticons - if you really need one, click the :) icon in the toolbar and choose one. An emoticon is never an acceptable replacement for a closing punctuation mark.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have merged the two threads.

Yueehs

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Thank you all.

Sorry about the double post. I am not familiar with this forum yet.
I thought all question must be posted in the Teacher section.

I tried to delete it but I don't know how.

Sorry about that.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you all.

Sorry about the double post. I am not familiar with this forum yet.
I thought all question must be posted in the Teacher section.

I tried to delete it but I don't know how.

Sorry about that.

Don't worry. You now know that we have different sections for different subjects. I have merged the two threads now so there's nothing to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.