Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello everyone,

I have decided to prepare IELTS exam. I found this site when I am surfing on the internet. Many people had shared their writing for taking a feedback. Nevertheless, I realized that some of people had written couple of sentence but some of people had written a comprehensive essay.

I want to ask you how should I behave when I share my writings. Long essay is good or short sentences are good for this site and users.

My opinion is that I will share one paragraph about cause-effect essay, compare and contrast essay and solution essay firstly. My first paragraphs will come from cause-effect essay because I did not study the others yet.

I will wait your answers and advice. Thank you for your patients.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone!

I have decided to prepare for the IELTS exam. I found this site when I was surfing on the internet. Many people had shared their writing for taking a feedback. Nevertheless, I realized that some of people had written couple of sentence but some of people had written a comprehensive essay.

I am unclear about what you mean by those last two sentences.

I want to ask you how should I behave when I share my writings. Long essay is good or short sentences are good for this site and users.

I am unclear about what you mean by that.

My opinion is that I will share one paragraph about cause-effect essay, compare and contrast essay and solution essay firstly. My first paragraphs will come from cause-effect essay because I did not study the others yet.

Post a paragraph or two, and make your sentences shorter. As it is they are hard to understand.

I will wait for your answers and advice. Thank you for your patience.

Patience!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

In the Ask A Teacher section, stick with one question at a time. You can ask us about a couple of sentences but make sure they are clearly connected and, if you are asking us to choose between two versions, make sure there is only one difference between the two options.

In the Editing and Writing Topics section, you can write longer pieces, but it's good to make them a maximum of two or three paragraphs (about 9 or 10 lines of text at the most). The longer your post is, the fewer people will respond.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Short is good- short texts tend to get more replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.