Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

Later, after Lanhua had gone to sleep, Jingying had a talk to Yang about his sister’s dreams. “I don’t want you to discourage your sister by reacting negatively to her dreams. I have spoken to her about them and told her to keep them in the family. She has agreed to do so. OK, son?”

Yang looked contrite. “Sorry, mom. I just don’t want people to think she’s strange, especially other kids. We can be quite mean, you know.”

Jingying replied, “Yes, I understand. But try to be supportive with gentle reminders that she keeps her dreams in the family.”

Yang nodded solemnly. “I get it, mom.”

Although Jingying wanted to keep Lanhua’s prophetic dreams as a family secret, she was curious about whether or not Weifeng was having twins, so she decided to ask Jiang if there was a way to know if a woman was having twins or not.

Jiang said, “Well, if you have the right equipment, a foetal heartbeat can be heard as early as about six weeks or with simpler equipment about a month after that. Do you want to listen to Weifeng’s baby?”

Jingying nodded. “Yes, I’ve never heard one before.”

Jiang considered. “Mmm, OK, I’ll set it up soon.”

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

Later, after Lanhua had gone to sleep, Jingying had a talk [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with Yang about his sister’s dreams. “I don’t want you to discourage your sister by reacting negatively to her dreams. I have spoken to her about them and told her to keep them in the family. She has agreed to do so. OK, son?”

Yang looked contrite. “Sorry, mom. I just don’t want people to think she’s strange, especially other kids. We can be quite mean, you know.”

Jingying replied, “Yes, I understand. But try to be supportive with gentle reminders that she keeps her dreams in the family.”

Yang nodded solemnly. “I get it, mom.”

Although Jingying wanted to keep Lanhua’s prophetic dreams as a family secret, she was curious about whether or not Weifeng was having twins, so she decided to ask Jiang if there was a way to know if a woman was having twins or not.

Jiang said, “Well, if you have the right equipment, a foetal heartbeat can be heard as early as about six weeks or, with simpler equipment, about a month after that. Do you want to listen to Weifeng’s baby?”

Jingying nodded. “Yes, I’ve never heard one before.”

Jiang considered. “Mmm, OK, I’ll set it up soon.”

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would prefer "Jingying talked to Yang about his sister's dreams."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It is either "talked to somebody" or "had a talk with somebody". See here.

Status
Not open for further replies.