Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Australia
Hello Members,
I am applying for a job and have written a Cover letter. I would really appreciate if some one could point out any mistake or any recommendation.

I am writing to apply for the Graduate Engineer position advertised at Martinus Rail website. I am a fresh Master of Engineering (Civil) graduate from Edith Cowan University. Civil Engineering degree has enabled me with the knowledge of engineering design, collecting and evaluating data and using problem solving skills for a variety of task. I find the technical challenges faced as a Civil engineer to be exciting and would enthusiastically love to work with your company as a Civil Engineer. My keen interest in Civil Engineering, specifically in construction, with a blend of (skills) gained through studies and working in the field, make me an excellent candidate for this position.
Martinus Rail is an Australian owned Rail Business engaged in the design, supply, construction and maintenance of railway assets. It has been involved in many major projects such as FORRESTFIELD-AIRPORT LINK in Western Australia. After doing research, I am keen to work for Martinus Rail because of the qualified engineers the company has, the safe work policy that the company follows and the immense diversity that the company promotes. I would enjoy the challenge of working with qualified engineers that have proven their skills by working at Large scale projects. I have an attitude of “nothing is impossible” and believe in completing given task under any circumstances, both of which are valued by Martinus Rail. I am also very impressed by the excellent online reviews of Martinus Rail by the current and former employees.

During my job as a Field Engineer at Munni Construction , I adopted the safety culture of the company and ensured safe completion of assigned tasks. I demonstrated teamwork abilities by working in teams on different aspects of the project to achieve a set goal in stipulated time. I was also responsible for submitting daily progress reports using MS Project and Primavera. Through studies and working in the field I have developed skills such as Communication, Problem solving, Leadership, Decision making, Team work and Executing plans, which I believe are vital for Graduate Engineer job at Martinus Rail.

As a fleet supervisor with Arbaz Group, I am required to prepare rosters, assist clients with their enquiries and manage workshop safety. These duties have developed my skills in managing conflict in a productive way, preparing and executing plans and working in teams.
Thank you for giving time to go through my Cover letter. I would appreciate being considered for an opportunity to attend an interview to discuss my application further. I have also enclosed my CV for your consideration.

I would really welcome any advice.

Kind Regards

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello members,
I am applying for a job and have written a cover letter. I would really appreciate it if someone could point out any mistakes or offer any recommendations.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am writing to apply for the Graduate Engineer position advertised [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] on the Martinus Rail website. I [STRIKE] am a fresh [/STRIKE]graduated with a Master of Engineering (Civil) [STRIKE] graduate [/STRIKE] degree from Edith Cowan University in September 2020. [STRIKE] Civil Engineering degree has enabled me with the knowledge of [/STRIKE] In that program, I studied advanced concepts in engineering design, collecting and evaluating data and using problem-solving skills for a variety of tasks. I find the technical challenges typically faced [STRIKE] as a Civil [/STRIKE] by rail engineers to be exciting and would enthusiastically love to work with your company. [STRIKE] as a Civil Engineer. [/STRIKE]

I believe that my [STRIKE] keen interest in Civil Engineering, specifically [/STRIKE]interest in construction [STRIKE] , with a blend of (skills) [/STRIKE] and the skills I gained through my studies and working in the field make me [STRIKE] an excellent [/STRIKE] a suitable candidate for this position.

Martinus Rail is an Australian-owned rail business engaged in the design, supply, construction and maintenance of railway assets. It has been involved in many major projects such as [STRIKE] FORRESTFIELD-AIRPORT LINK [/STRIKE] the Forrestfield Airport Link in Western Australia. After doing my research, I am keen to work for Martinus Rail because [STRIKE] of [/STRIKE] I wish to learn from the highly qualified engineers [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE]working on large-scale projects for the company,[STRIKE] has, the safe work policy that the company follows [/STRIKE] and [STRIKE] the immense [/STRIKE] because of the diversity that the company promotes. [STRIKE] I would enjoy the challenge of working with qualified engineers that have proven their skills by working at Large scale projects. [/STRIKE] I have an attitude of “nothing is impossible” and believe in completing given tasks under any circumstances, both of which are qualities valued by Martinus Rail. I am also very impressed by the excellent online reviews of Martinus Rail by the current and former employees.

During my job as a field engineer at Munni Construction, I adopted the safety culture of the company and ensured [STRIKE] safe [/STRIKE] prompt completion of assigned tasks. I demonstrated my teamwork abilities by working in teams on different aspects of the project to achieve a set goal in stipulated time. I was also responsible for submitting daily progress reports using MS Project and Primavera. [STRIKE] Through studies and working in the field I have developed skills such as Communication, Problem solving, Leadership, Decision making, Team work and Executing plans, which I believe are vital for Graduate Engineer job at Martinus Rail. [/STRIKE]

As a fleet supervisor with Arbaz Group, I am required to prepare rosters, assist clients with their enquiries and manage workshop safety. These duties have developed my skills in managing conflict in a productive way, preparing and executing plans and working in teams.

Thank you for your attention, and [STRIKE] giving time to go through my Cover letter. [/STRIKE] I would appreciate being considered for an opportunity to attend an interview to discuss my application further. I have also enclosed my CV for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.