• Malay
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore

Employee warning letter

Hi, appreciate it if someone can help by editing this letter:

Dear Sandra,

It has been the 3rd times that you have repeatedly violating one of the XXY Company rules and regulations. We have observed your work performance for several weeks and comes to the conclusion that lack of competitiveness is your major issue.

Please be informed that XXY Company has a policy of giving three warnings before dismissal. This letter shall serve as the final warning. In case you donít comes to the standard, we will have no choice but to terminate your employment.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Employee warning letter

Quote Originally Posted by Yueehs View Post
    Hi. I would appreciate it if someone can could help me by editing this letter:

Dear Sandra,

It has been the 3rd times that you have repeatedly violating On [date], you violated one of the XXY Company rules and regulations for the third time. [You need to specify which of the rules and regulations has been violated.]

Also, w
    e have observed been observing your work performance for several weeks and comes have come to the conclusion that a lack of competitiveness is your major issue.

Please be informed that XXY Company has a policy of giving three warnings before dismissal. This letter shall serve serves as the your final warning. In case you don’t comes If your work does not come up to the required standard by [date], we will have no choice but to terminate your employment.
    Please note my corrections above. I'm a bit confused by the connection between the first two sentences. Your original made it sound as if a lack of competitiveness in some way broke the company's rules and regulations. I can't believe that's the case so I changed it to show that the lack of competitiveness is an additional cause for concern.
    It's rather a formal letter so I would expect it to start "Dear Miss/Mrs/Ms + surname". "Dear Sandra" is a bit too friendly/informal for a written warning.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.