Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Hi, appreciate it if someone can help by editing this letter:

Dear Sandra,

It has been the 3rd times that you have repeatedly violating one of the XXY Company rules and regulations. We have observed your work performance for several weeks and comes to the conclusion that lack of competitiveness is your major issue.

Please be informed that XXY Company has a policy of giving three warnings before dismissal. This letter shall serve as the final warning. In case you don’t comes to the standard, we will have no choice but to terminate your employment.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. I would appreciate it if someone [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could help me by editing this letter:

Dear Sandra,

[STRIKE]It has been the 3rd times that you have repeatedly violating[/STRIKE] On [date], you violated one of the XXY Company rules and regulations for the third time. [You need to specify which of the rules and regulations has been violated.]

Also, w
e have [STRIKE]observed[/STRIKE] been observing your [STRIKE]work[/STRIKE] performance for several weeks and [STRIKE]comes[/STRIKE] have come to the conclusion that a lack of competitiveness is your major issue.

[STRIKE]Please be informed that[/STRIKE] XXY Company has a policy of giving three warnings before dismissal. This letter [STRIKE]shall serve[/STRIKE] serves as [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] your final warning. [STRIKE]In case you don’t comes[/STRIKE] If your work does not come up to the required standard by [date], we will have no choice but to terminate your employment.

Please note my corrections above. I'm a bit confused by the connection between the first two sentences. Your original made it sound as if a lack of competitiveness in some way broke the company's rules and regulations. I can't believe that's the case so I changed it to show that the lack of competitiveness is an additional cause for concern.
It's rather a formal letter so I would expect it to start "Dear Miss/Mrs/Ms + surname". "Dear Sandra" is a bit too friendly/informal for a written warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.