Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello Sir/ Madam,

Request you to please help me review the Motivation letter prepared by me for MSc Finance course. The word limit is 500 (max) and right now my letter slightly exceeds this limit (518 words). There were no specific questions asked my the university.

I am a Chartered Accountant (CA) by profession. Of all the subjects in my CA curriculum, “Strategic Financial Management” excited me the most. Although covered briefly, the topics such as Cash flow management, capital budgeting and analysis, etc, which are critical in every business decision, have always fascinated me. It was then that I realised that I wanted to build my career in this field of Corporate Finance and wish to be part of a driving force behind the success of an organization.

I completed Bachelors degree in Commerce for my undergraduate studies from the esteemed [University name]. I excelled at Accountancy and always scored more than 80% in the subject. So to further my interest, I decided to pursue Chartered Accountancy (CA), one of the toughest professional courses in India. I cleared foundation and intermediate levels in first attempt, simultaneously while pursuing my Bachelors degree. But it was at the time of final level that my determination and grit were tested.

I failed to pass my CA final level in the first attempt. Accepting it was not easy for me as I have always been an A-grade student. However, my parents helped me realise that if I continue with my perseverance and hard work, there’s nothing that can stop me from achieving my goal. My hard work finally paid off when I cleared my CA final level in the second attempt.

I completed my CA articleship at two different mid-size firms. It helped me acquire the right skill set needed to analyse the complex data and the financial statements of an organization. I also got to be a part of the internal audit team for “Novotel Pune” and stock audit team for “Citibank NA” and “First Rand Bank”. I was able to apply these skills while working as a Credit Analyst at “Axis Bank Ltd”. It gave me a good exposure in analyzing the creditworthiness of different organizations.

Apart from academics, I have completed four levels of traditional Indian dance form “Kathak”. I have also completed three levels of German language course through “Goethe Institut” and was one of the only two students selected from my college for the scholarship programme “Schulen: Partner der Zukunft”. This is a fully sponsored scholarship wherein I was given a chance to learn German in Germany for 20 days along with students from various other Asian as well as European countries. This amazing experience helped me learn and appreciate a lot about different cultures.

After spending a year as Credit Analyst, I feel pursuing Masters in Finance would be a step towards my dream career in the field of Corporate Finance. I strongly believe that [University name] offers the perfect blend of courses needed to build a strong foundation for my career. Moreover, I intend to work in the Asian economy and Singapore being epicentre, I feel it is the best option for me. Thus to pursue my goals, chase my dreams and accomplish my ambitions, I sincerely present my application for your kind perusal and request you to give me an opportunity to be a part of your intellectual community.

Any help from your end is much appreciated!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am a Chartered Accountant (CA) by profession. Of all the subjects in my CA curriculum, “Strategic Financial Management” excited me the most. Although covered briefly, the topics such as Cash flow management, capital budgeting and analysis, etc, which are critical in every business decision, have always fascinated me. It was then that I realised that I wanted to build my career in this field of Corporate Finance and wish to be part of a driving force behind the success of an organization.

I completed Bachelors degree in Commerce for my undergraduate studies from the esteemed [University name] [year?]. I excelled at Accountancy and always scored more than 80% in the subject. So to further my interest, I decided to pursue Chartered Accountancy (CA), one of the toughest professional courses in India. I cleared foundation and intermediate levels in first attempt, simultaneously while pursuing my Bachelors degree. But it was at the time of final level that my determination and grit were tested.

I failed to pass my CA final level in the first attempt. Accepting it was not easy for me as I have always been an A-grade student. However, my parents helped me realise that if I continue with my perseverance and hard work, there’s nothing that can stop me from achieving my goal. My hard work finally paid off when I cleared my CA final level in the second attempt.

I completed my CA articleship at two different mid-size firms. It helped me acquire the right skill set needed to analyse the complex data and the financial statements of an organization. I also got to be a part of the internal audit team for “Novotel Pune” and stock audit team for “Citibank NA” and “First Rand Bank”. I was able to apply these skills while working as a Credit Analyst at “Axis Bank Ltd”. It gave me a good exposure in analyzing the creditworthiness of different organizations.

Apart from academics, I have completed four levels of traditional Indian dance form “Kathak”. I have also completed three levels of German language course through “Goethe Institut” and was one of the only two students selected from my college for the scholarship programme “Schulen: Partner der Zukunft”. This is a fully sponsored scholarship wherein I was given a chance to learn German in Germany for 20 days [year?] along with students from various other Asian as well as European countries. This amazing experience helped me learn and appreciate a lot about different cultures.

After spending a year as Credit Analyst, I feel pursuing Masters in Finance would be a step towards my dream career in the field of Corporate Finance. I strongly believe that [University name] offers the perfect blend of courses needed to build a strong foundation for my career. Moreover, I intend to work in the Asian economy and Singapore being epicentre, I feel it is the best option for me. Thus to pursue my goals, chase my dreams and accomplish my ambitions, I sincerely present my application for your kind perusal and request you to give me an opportunity to be a part of your intellectual community.

Any help from your end is much appreciated!
What's the application deadline?
I don't understand the parts highlighted in blue. Please clarify them. Also, try to provide the specifics I pointed out in red.

SDMILI

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you so much for your inputs!

My application deadline is on 31-Dec-2020. I will definitely incorporate the changes as highlighted in red by you.

For blue highlights -
1. CA curriculum consists of many subjects like auditing, taxation, law, financial management etc. Of all these subject, the Strategic Financial Management excited me the most.
2. To be a professional Kathak dancer, one has to clear total 7 levels, of which I have completed 4. I now see where the confusion could be for someone not familiar with this and will make the changes accordingly!
3. For the German language course as well (for non-German speakers), you need to complete some 7-8 levels after which you are considered as fluent in the language. So I have cleared 3 such levels and have certificates for it.

Any other inputs from your end are most welcome!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for the ABCD programme at XYS University starting in June 2021.

Of all the subjects in my CA curriculum, “Strategic Financial Management” excited me the most. In particular, topics such as cash flow management, capital budgeting and analysis are critical in every business decision. I am, thus, applying for this programme to consolidate my career in corporate finance.

I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in commerce from [University name] in 2017. I did well in accountancy and always scored more than 80% in it. To further my career, I decided to pursue Chartered Accountancy (CA), one of the toughest professional courses in India. I passed the foundation and intermediate levels in my first attempt, while simultaneously studying for my undergraduate degree. But it was in the final level that my determination and grit were tested.

I did not pass my CA final level in the first attempt. That was not easy for me as I have always been an A-grade student. However, my parents supported and encouraged me, and I decided to put in the necessary hard work and effort to achieve my goal. That paid off when I passed my CA final level in the second attempt.

I completed my CA articleship at two different mid-size firms, which helped me acquire the right skillset needed to analyse the complex data and the financial statements of an organization. I also got to be a part of the internal audit team for Novotel Pune and of the stock audit team for Citibank NA and First Rand Bank. I was able to apply my acquired skills while working as a credit analyst at Axis Bank Ltd. It gave me valuable insight into analyzing the creditworthiness of different organizations.

Apart from my academic achievements, I am a level-4 Kathak dancer (traditional Indian dance). I have also completed three levels of German through the Goethe Institut and was one of only two students selected from my college for the scholarship programme “Schulen: Partner der Zukunft”. This is a fully sponsored scholarship, wherein I was given a chance to learn German in Germany for 20 days, in April 2019, along with students from various other Asian as well as European countries. That amazing experience helped me learn and appreciate a lot about different cultures.

After working for a year as a credit analyst, I feel pursuing a master’s in finance would be a step towards my dream career in the field of corporate finance. I strongly believe that [University name] offers the perfect blend of courses needed to build a strong foundation for my career. Moreover, I intend to work in Asia, and Singapore, being a business epicentre, I feel is the best option for me. Thus to pursue my goals, chase my dreams and accomplish my ambitions, I sincerely present my application for your kind perusal and hope that you will give me an opportunity to be a part of this programme.

Yours faithfully,

Gita Kumar

SDMILI

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you so much for your valuable inputs!

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome. Good luck with your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.