English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi fellas
I'm trying to choose a nice catchy name(title) for a book on IELTS speaking skill.
Which do you go for?
Liven up your IELTS speaking
Fix up your IELTS speaking
Garnish your IELTS speaking
I'm not a native speaker of English, and the book is about IELTS speaking questions with answers.
Names such as, IELTS booster, build up, maximizer, etc. Have already been taken.
So you are kindly asked to suggest any suitable title you can think of.

Thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I don't like garnish, so use one of the first two.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The word 'garnish' is not right at all. The words 'liven up' and 'fix up' have quite different meanings, so it's not a simple matter of which one to choose. What is it that you mean to say exactly? What is it that you think the book will help its readers to do?

Have you written this book yourself?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. [STRIKE]fellas[/STRIKE] We're not all male here.

I'm trying to choose a nice catchy name space here (title) for a book on IELTS speaking skills. Which [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] would you go for?

Liven up your IELTS speaking
Fix up your IELTS speaking
Garnish your IELTS speaking

I'm not a native speaker of English, and the book [STRIKE]is about[/STRIKE] contains IELTS speaking questions with answers. Names such as no comma here "IELTS Booster", "Build Up", and "Maximizer" [STRIKE]etc.[/STRIKE] have already been taken. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I am asking you [STRIKE]are kindly asked[/STRIKE] to suggest any suitable title. [STRIKE]you can think of.[/STRIKE]

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

There is no need to use a greeting in future posts, nor to thank us before we've done anything. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

As the others have said, "garnish" doesn't work at all. If you can tell us in what way your book is supposed to help people, we'll be better able to make suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.