Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

My name is xxxz. I am a resident of xxx, Punjab, India. I belong to a nuclear family. My family always support me and help me in all ups and downs of my life. My father is retired from xxx Management Board, Ropar (Government of India, Ministry of Power) as a Leading Fireman in 2017, whereas my mother is a housewife. My younger brother is pursuing study in Mechanical Technician-Precision Skills at Georgian College, Barrie, Ontario, Canada. The annual income of my family is INR 3-4 Lakhs.

Concerning my academic qualification, I have completed my 10[SUP]th[/SUP] grade from Sri Guru Harkrishan Senior Secondary School, Pandori Khajoor, Hoshiarpur (affiliated to C.B.S.E board) with 6.6 CGPA in 2013. After completing matriculation, I decided to take up Diploma in Engineering as I wanted to develop the basic concepts of engineering before entering Bachelor’s degree. I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from G.E.S Polytechnic College, Hoshiarpur. During diploma course, I undertook my 4 weeks industrial training in workshop at Maruti Suzuki Service Centre in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. I secured first division in diploma with 61.3% in 2016.

Due to diploma course, I got lateral entry into Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering at Lyallpur Khalsa College of Engineering, Jalandhar. I gained immense exposure of the industry on the basis of 6 weeks training in manufacturing company, Leader Valves limited in Jalandhar, Punjab. Here, I got an opportunity to work in the manufacturing process. In 2018, I undertook 6 months industrial training at Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory, Chandigarh. With the help of scientist, I have worked on the project “In-House Design & Development and Experimental Investigation of Pyro-Shock Test Setup”. Moreover, I have also learned design courses namely AutoCAD and SolidWorks during software training at CADD Centre Training Services Private Limited, Mohali.

Owing to my interest in the concepts pertaining to Thermodynamics and its applications, I submitted a project in final year on “Micro-Channel Heat Exchanger”, which shows rate of heat transfer through forced convection. Fortunately, after graduation I got job in CADD Centre Training Services Private Limited, Mohali and I worked there as Trainer Cad Faculty from 05[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2019 to 31[SUP]st[/SUP] October 2020.

I preferred to study in Canada because the educational system of Canadian universities and colleges is very well structured and unbiased. The infrastructure and facilities of Canadian universities are up to the mark. I have searched for higher studies in Mechanical Engineering in various countries, but Canada has offered me best suitable course with world class infrastructure of colleges and latest technology equipment in laboratories which will help in furnish my knowledge of subject with applications. A range of scholarships are available for the international students. Admittedly, the system of public transport like buses and trains for students is affordable, fast and convenient. Also, Canada is a well-developed nation and most importantly safe, multi-cultural and a friendly country for the overseas students.
I did some research on the internet and found that Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanical Design programs are being offered by Fanshawe College, London, Ontario, Canada. These programs provided in Fanshawe College covers wider aspect of knowledge in my field that fulfills my goal. These courses are very well structured and covering all the major subjects under Mechanical field. The eminent faculty, excellent facilities and wonderful reviews of this prestigious college encouraged me that it is right place to commence upon my area of interest.

After completion of my postgraduate course in Canada, I intend to come back to my home country with an outstanding skillset and can join the best industry or MNC’s as well, which continues to thrive in India, as an engineer with various designations. In the future, I wish to see myself as Mechanical Engineer in the field of quality assurance, production and maintenance in the major manufacturing industries.

This Canadian Study Permit will provide me the opportunity to pursue my higher studies at Fanshawe College. I assure you that, I will be able to create optimum use of the qualification. This is the opportunity that I would not be able to have if I remain in my home country. This Visa will allow me to pursue my dreams of receiving postgraduate diploma in Engineering field which will eventually help me in widening of my knowledge and applying it into real world so that I can create a distinction within the world. This life changing experience will benefit me and will provide me the way to take my career to the heights. I am confident that I have the potential to contribute positively with great hope.

THANKS AND REGARDS

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Shouldn't it be that you would prefer to study in Canada?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)
1- How many words are you expected to write (word count/limit)?
2- What areas does your letter need to address?
3- Is the first paragraph necessary?
4- What is the submission deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.