• English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

...leaves falling among...

For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

You, colored leaves falling among autumn hills... Just for a moment stop scattering and let me see the place where sunlight stops to rest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210117.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	3838

I want to insert something but I don't know what. Would you please suggest something to fill in the gap or go in the space, please?
    You, colored leaves falling among autumn hills ______________ Just for a moment stop scattering and let me see the place where sunlight stops to rest.
    Three passions have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.

Tarheel is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: ...leaves falling among...

Quote Originally Posted by rodgers white View Post
    For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

You, colored leaves falling among autumn hills... Just for a moment stop scattering and let me see the place where sunlight stops to rest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210117.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	3838

I want to insert something but I don't know what. Would you please suggest something to fill in the gap or go in the space, please?
    You, colored leaves falling on autumn hills, would you just for a moment stop scattering and let me see the place where sunlight stops to rest?
    Not a professional teacher