Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Economist2010's Avatar
    Economist2010 is online now Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    132

    Post put me in the process of interview

    Hi All,

    I am going to send an email to HR to show my interest in a job. I would to ask him to put me in the process of interview. Can I say the following:

    1- Appreciate it if you could put me in the process of interview.

    2-Appreciate it if you could put me through the process of interview.

  2. #2
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59,273

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Economist2010 View Post
    Hi all.

    I am going to send an email to HR to show my interest in a job. I would like to ask him them to put me in give me some information about the interview process. of interview. Can I say the following?

    1- I would appreciate it if you could put me in give me some information about the interview process. of interview.

    2- I would appreciate it if you could put me through the process of offer me an interview.
    See above. I don't know how this company works but, in most companies, you don't just write to the HR department and ask for an interview. You have to formally apply for the job, using their application form and a covering letter.

    I've given a couple of options above. If you haven't completed the formal application process, I doubt either of them will help.

    We have told you before about the importance of writing in full sentences. You keep starting with "Appreciate it if ...". That is not correct. You are not going to impress any companies you write to if you keep making those errors. You're also going to make us wonder why we're spending time helping you when you keep making the same mistakes, even after we've corrected them several times.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  3. #3
    Economist2010's Avatar
    Economist2010 is online now Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    132

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    See above. I don't know how this company works but, in most companies, you don't just write to the HR department and ask for an interview. You have to formally apply for the job, using their application form and a covering letter.

    I've given a couple of options above. If you haven't completed the formal application process, I doubt either of them will help.

    We have told you before about the importance of writing in full sentences. You keep starting with "Appreciate it if ...". That is not correct. You are not going to impress any companies you write to if you keep making those errors. You're also going to make us wonder why we're spending time helping you when you keep making the same mistakes, even after we've corrected them several times.
    Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

    The point is that I used to use this form "appreciate it...". Will make sure not to use it again.

  4. #4
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59,273

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Economist2010 View Post
    Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

    The point is that I used to use this form "appreciate it...". Will make sure not to use it again.
    Seriously, Economist, I despair. Look at your third sentence. Is that a full sentence?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  5. #5
    Economist2010's Avatar
    Economist2010 is online now Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    132

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Seriously, Economist, I despair. Look at your third sentence. Is that a full sentence?
    I forgot to put "I". I will work on that.

  6. #6
    Charlie Bernstein's Avatar
    Charlie Bernstein is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,481

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    I have two concerns.

    1. You seem impatient. You're not respecting or abiding by the company's process. That will work against you. Even if they hire you anyway, you'll be starting out at a disadvantage because you'll be tagged as a difficult employee.

    2. You're applying for a job that might require stronger English fluency than you have. Your English is not bad, but it's not entirely fluent yet, either. How will you deal with that when you get there? I hope we won't have to correct all your reports!

    (We had one student here who privately asked me to do that for him. I said no.)
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.

  7. #7
    Economist2010's Avatar
    Economist2010 is online now Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    132

    Re: put me in the process of interview

    Thanks for your concern.

    I appreciate your first concern and will put it into my consideration.

    Regarding the second concern, I of course will not ask you edit any of my reports. I am here to just share with the native speakers the sentences that I believe it can be articulated in a better way.

    I am also working on developing my command of English and in a short time you will see that obvious in my writings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •