Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all, I am going to send on of the below options to a CEO and wanted to be very professional. If you see that the full sentence need to be re-written, please do that.

1-After three weeks, I am getting in touch with you to ask if things open up and whether you can have HR put me through the interview process.

2- Three weeks have passed since my last follow up with you, I am again getting in touch with you hoping things have opened up and that you can have HR put me through the interview process. Please take my follow up as eagerness to join your company.

3- As you advised earlier to wait what will happen next few weeks and after three weeks have passed, I am again getting in touch with you hoping things have opened up and that you can have HR put me through the interview process.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It would be too time-consuming to correct each sentence. I am simply going to tell you what I think you should write.

Dear [name of CEO]

We spoke three weeks ago about the possibility of a suitable vacancy opening up for me at [name of company]. I would appreciate it if you could update me on the current situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

[Your name]

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all, I am going to send on of the below options to a CEO and wanted to be very professional. If you see that the full sentence need to be re-written, please do that.

1-After three weeks, I am getting in touch with you to ask if things open up and whether you can have HR put me through the interview process.

2- Three weeks have passed since my last follow up with you, I am again getting in touch with you hoping things have opened up and that you can have HR put me through the interview process. Please take my follow up as eagerness to join your company.

3- As you advised earlier to wait what will happen next few weeks and after three weeks have passed, I am again getting in touch with you hoping things have opened up and that you can have HR put me through the interview process.

I liked your suggestion but it didn't say what I exactly want.
I would appreciate it if you could edit option #3

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I still think you're getting ahead of yourself. If I remember rightly, when you were last in touch with the company, there weren't any suitable vacancies. Even if a suitable vacancy has now come up, you don't get to go straight to the interview process! I've mentioned this before. You would still have to formally apply for the job, with an application form, covering letter and CV.
I am pretty sure CEOs have better things to do with their time than field emails from hopeful prospective employees. I know he told you to keep in touch but I really don't see what you think is wrong with my professional, brief suggested message.

Status
Not open for further replies.