Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Australia
Hello Members,
I am applying for a job and have written a cover letter. I would really appreciate if I could advise someone could correct my mistakes, if any. Thanks for your advise in advance.
Cover letter
Together with this letter and the enclosed resume, I hereby express my interest in your position of Graduate Engineer that is available within your highly reputable Roads and Civil Infrastructure organization. I possess a range of dynamic experience, coupled with strong knowledge of engineering theories, principles and standards to ensure best practice. With this, I am certain that my dedication and strong technical aptitude will render me an asset to your team.

GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architecture expertise. What encourages me to work with GHD is the core values of the company; Teamwork, safety Respect and integrity. These core values coupled with commitment to solve challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization makes me believe that I will be a perfect fit for the company. In addition to that, I also appreciate the fact that the company promotes diversity and has 200 offices in five continents.

I graduated with a Master of Engineering (Civil) degree from Edith Cowan University in December 2019. Within this program, I was able to attain strong knowledge across concepts in engineering design, collecting and evaluating data and applying Civil Engineering basics to solve real world problems. My keen interest in transportation engineering led me to undertake a multi-disciplinary road-planning study for a proposed new arterial road connecting between Mitchell freeway extension and Marmion avenue in the suburb of Eglinton, City of Wanneroo. I was responsible for Geometric design, Pavement design, Designing of intersections and Drainage design. Special attention was given to ensure the project was economical. The project enabled us to become familiar with the use of Australian standards such as Austroad Guide to Road Design, AASHTO and Main Roads WA.

I did internship as a Field Engineer at Platine Engineering Solutions for 3 months. I assisted in the monitoring of progress across all construction work, advising clients of developments whilst driving timely project completion. I also coordinated and attended frequent project meetings, maintaining meeting records and agreed actions, and following through to ensure actions are completed. This role allowed me to finely hone my communication and liaison skills, ensuring the swift and timely translation of vital information. Moreover, during my tenure as a Site Engineer at Al Fara’a Group, I adopted the safety culture across the company and ensured prompt completion of assigned tasks well within the stringent deadline provided. I demonstrated my teamwork and leadership abilities by working and leading teams across a range of aspects throughout the project to achieve a set goal.

With both my professional and educational background, coupled with my commitment to safety, I am ready to extend my record of service to your team.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Members,
I am applying for a job and have written a cover letter. I would really appreciate it if [STRIKE] I could advise [/STRIKE] someone could correct my mistakes, if any. Thanks for your advise in advance.
Cover letter
Together with this letter and the enclosed resume, I am hereby [STRIKE] express my interest in your [/STRIKE] applying for the position of Graduate Engineer [STRIKE] that is available within your highly reputable [/STRIKE] advertised by Roads and Civil Infrastructure organization [ 1] . I [STRIKE] possess a range of dynamic [/STRIKE] have professional experience, coupled with [STRIKE] strong [/STRIKE] a solid knowledge of engineering theories, principles and standards to ensure best practice. With this, I am certain that my dedication and strong technical aptitude will render me an asset to your team.

GHD [ 2] is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architecture expertise. ...

….for a proposed new arterial road connecting between Mitchell freeway extension and Marmion avenue in the suburb of Eglinton, City of Wanneroo. … [ 3]

ensuring the swift and timely translation of vital information.

Moreover, during my tenure as a Site Engineer at Al Fara’a Group, [ 4]
1- What is its exact name, and is that a company or some organization?
2- What is GHD and how does it relate to "Roads and Civil Infrastructure"?
3- Was that just a theoretical project or an actual (real) one? If it was real, which company were you with when you carried it out?
4- When was that?
Also, what's the application deadline for that job?

Status
Not open for further replies.